Author Topic: Rear wash/wipe.  (Read 1252 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Rear wash/wipe.
« on: October 07, 2019, 06:44:37 PM »
My S has only continuous operation of the rear wipe. For me this is pretty rubbish. Even in heavy rain, a few wipes and the screen is dry and the blades squeak. Personally I would find intermittent operation of much more use, even at the expense of the continuous operation. Is it just the S that lacks intermittent, or just a Mk 1 foible?

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Rear wash/wipe.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 06:50:55 PM »
My MK1 didn't have an intermittent rear wiper. I always thought that the paddle gear shift was a waste on a Jazz and the money should have been spent on things like an intermittent rear wiper and/or climate control.

Vic.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 10:37:17 PM »
Personally I would find intermittent operation of much more use, even at the expense of the continuous operation.

You could wire an intermittent wiper relay into the circuit in the tailgate.

Is it just the S that lacks intermittent, or just a Mk 1 foible?

Not sure, never having been the main driver of the Jazz. I'll have to check that one.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 08:29:51 AM »
On my 2008 Sport the rear  wiper does a few continuous passes and is then intermittent. Been using it a lot lately with some dreadful weather and spray over the top of the M62. Too busy with the road to notice how long before it goes intermittent.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 10:37:33 AM »
Pretty sure the Mk3 is intermittent although I tend to use it manually except in very heavy rain.

Just on wipers, my front wipers were starting to get a bit streaky and noisy. I cleaned them but no difference. I replaced them on Sunday buying the blades at Halfords. You can get 2 grades of blades (poetry!) and I opted for the more expensive ones - what a difference to the originals. Quiet and not streaky. Car hasn't done 13,000 miles yet so blades seem to degrade as much on age as on wear and tear.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 02:30:29 PM »
I have fitted intermittent circuitry before but my days of working on cars are long gone. It takes me to wash it these days.
The next time we have rain I will let it run for a spell and see if it goes to intermittent. You never know your luck.

I keep promising to change the front wiper blades before the winter weather arrives. They are a bit smeary for the first couple of minutes, but it is not surprising, as they have been on for 3 years and 30,000 miles.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 06:38:39 PM »
I keep promising to change the front wiper blades before the winter weather arrives. They are a bit smeary for the first couple of minutes, but it is not surprising, as they have been on for 3 years and 30,000 miles.

It's all that wash 'n' wax!  ;D

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 07:33:04 PM »
You wouldn't say that if you saw my car at the moment. Looks like it just completed the Acropolis Rally.

Tags: