Author Topic: HONDA JAZZ 2008 AUTO - JERKING  (Read 847 times)

jeanie

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 i-DSI SE CVT-7 5DR 2008
HONDA JAZZ 2008 AUTO - JERKING
« on: September 13, 2021, 01:59:11 PM »
I am new to this site. I am sorry I don't know if I have a MK1 or MK2.  For the past year my car has been jerking. It always starts okay and the jerking can be felt while driving at about 40 mph.  In June the engine light came on and the AA said the code was for a problem with the crankshaft sensor, so I had this replaced.  It did improve slightly but kept jerking intermittently, usually when at a constant speed.  I had the gearbox oil changed last week.  I am a female Pensioner and know nothing about cars and I don't want to keep spending money on such an old car.  Is it okay to just keeping driving the car as it is.  Has anyone else had this problem and what was the outcome.  Any help very much appreciated.  Jean.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
Re: HONDA JAZZ 2008 AUTO - JERKING
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 02:24:38 PM »
Welcome Jean, and you've come to the right place.
I don't have answers specifically for your car, others will be more intimate with that model.

Crank sensors can certainly be responsible for causing such problems, though by no means a common issue on the Jazz. I do recall however some discussions regarding continued problems when certain aftermarket (i.e. not original equipment OE) sensors have been fitted. Others will advise.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 03:16:11 PM »
I suggest that this might be an Exhaust Gas Recirculating valve problem (EGR) and can be common on lightly used cars. I suggest you get your local independant garage to take it off and clean it and to make sure that it is free to move.

Vic.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 06:05:07 PM »
I am new to this site. I am sorry I don't know if I have a MK1 or MK2.
Easy ways to tell the difference:

The Mk1 has "jazz" at the back with a dot on the J, and Mk2 has "JAZZ".

The Mk1 has a single crease down the middle of the bonnet, the Mk2 has two creases on the bonnet.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 12:22:10 PM »
I am new to this site. I am sorry I don't know if I have a MK1 or MK2.  For the past year my car has been jerking. It always starts okay and the jerking can be felt while driving at about 40 mph.  In June the engine light came on and the AA said the code was for a problem with the crankshaft sensor, so I had this replaced.  It did improve slightly but kept jerking intermittently, usually when at a constant speed.  I had the gearbox oil changed last week.  I am a female Pensioner and know nothing about cars and I don't want to keep spending money on such an old car.  Is it okay to just keeping driving the car as it is.  Has anyone else had this problem and what was the outcome.  Any help very much appreciated.  Jean.

Hi when you say Jerky, is it like flat spots, or whe its changing gears? Because I note that it's a 2008 you have and so do you have an i-shift semi auto? My 2009 does sometimes have flat spots but by using Shell v power petrol, seems to have solved the problems.

Tags: