Author Topic: Drop links/ Which Battery? Jazz 2007  (Read 1327 times)

alfy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 sport cvt
Drop links/ Which Battery? Jazz 2007
« on: November 16, 2021, 09:35:53 AM »
Hi,  A couple of questions, I need to replace one droplink on my 2007 Jazz sport cvt. Is it worth replacing them as a pair? Secondly will the Yuasa YBX5054 car battery fit my Jazz as it was showing incompatible on the website.
Thanks in advance.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Drop links/ Which Battery? Jazz 2007
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 09:49:08 AM »
Hi,  A couple of questions, I need to replace one droplink on my 2007 Jazz sport cvt. Is it worth replacing them as a pair? Secondly will the Yuasa YBX5054 car battery fit my Jazz as it was showing incompatible on the website.
Thanks in advance.

Yes it will fit your jazz,  it has smaller Japanese posts and they are in correct orientation.  It is an upgrade on the original Jazz battery, same size case but more capacity and cranking amps and 5 year guarantee.

This is a bargain,  and quick delivery...

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/yuasa/ybx5054/

« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 09:51:09 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

alfy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 10:13:28 AM »
Thanks Culzean, I will order it today.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 10:13:32 AM »
Just for info ..... Batteries with the smaller diameter Jap posts often come with split adapter sleeves which push over the small posts and bring the diameter up to the larger size so you can still fit the original clamps. I have a couple of sets of these spare if anyone really gets stuck.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 10:35:44 AM »
Just for info ..... Batteries with the smaller diameter Jap posts often come with split adapter sleeves which push over the small posts and bring the diameter up to the larger size so you can still fit the original clamps. I have a couple of sets of these spare if anyone really gets stuck.

The Yuasa batteries from Tayna do come with split sleeves,  but Jazz MK1 and 2 both have smaller Japanese clamps as standard...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 10:42:35 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 11:51:03 AM »
Regarding the drop links. There are two different varieties fitted to different models. The offset is different. make sure you get the correct offset. I just replaced mine as it was needed but they are not expensive so you could replace both for peace of mind.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 12:07:54 PM »
Did I write up my experience with a battery for my Volvo that had convertable connection posts?
Neil Ives

embee

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 12:26:56 PM »
The other thing just to watch out for regarding when it says incompatible is whether the battery needs a hold-down lip, this is when it is held in the car by a clamp plate down at the base only, it doesn't have a strap over the top. Some battery manufacturers do 2 versions of a given type, sometimes they use an "H" on the part number.

alfy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 08:18:44 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys, getting the Yuasa battery delivered tomorrow, will use narrow Jap posts on battery. I purchased left and right longer 320mm drop links, which are not offset from ECP. Preparing it, sprayed plus gas and cleaned the threads. If the allen key does not hold, will get the blow torch out.

alfy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2021, 10:33:14 PM »
I will measure old drop links. There seems to be a number of different types.

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2021, 10:54:21 PM »
Its £14 cheaper than GSF!

Thanks in advance.

Yes it will fit your jazz,  it has smaller Japanese posts and they are in correct orientation.  It is an upgrade on the original Jazz battery, same size case but more capacity and cranking amps and 5 year guarantee.

This is a bargain,  and quick delivery...

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/yuasa/ybx5054/

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2021, 07:56:58 AM »
Its £14 cheaper than GSF!

The Tayna Yuasa YBX5054 Looks a whole lot cheaper than GSF to me - unless my eyes deceive me I can see £150 for same Yuasa Silver 054 battery,  that is £60 more expensive than even Halfrauds....

https://www.gsfcarparts.com/parts/car-battery
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 08:05:55 AM by culzean »

embee

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2021, 10:19:43 AM »
GSF and Eurocarparts play a game with discount codes which change almost daily sometimes. It's fine, it's just the way they keep updating interest from customers. Today the Yuasa 5054 (silver) at GSF works out at £60.40 after discounts , tomorrow it might be different. Generally I find Tayna to be better value for the same batteries, but I have used GSF when a customer needed one that day, it cost around £5 extra, that's OK for the convenience of immediate collection.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

jm0128

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2010
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2021, 09:26:20 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys, getting the Yuasa battery delivered tomorrow, will use narrow Jap posts on battery. I purchased left and right longer 320mm drop links, which are not offset from ECP. Preparing it, sprayed plus gas and cleaned the threads. If the allen key does not hold, will get the blow torch out.

I would just use an angle grinder , always rusted and Allen won’t catch.
Cheers
James

Tags: