Author Topic: Jazz light bulb  (Read 769 times)

JazzyJazz1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 Graphite (2006)
Jazz light bulb
« on: November 29, 2021, 02:05:46 PM »
My light bulb went bust, does anyone have a link to the official bulb? I tried to find it but I'm unsure if correct. Furthermore; seems quite a hassle to change it. Through the wheel arch seems the easiest, ive seen other getting the whole bumper off, that's ridiculous!  Can you access it properly through the arch without having the car lifted? Space seems to be rather small without lifting the car off the ground... Almost feel like doing it in the garage but still find it ridiculous for such a task! Grateful for advice!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Jazz light bulb
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 03:24:54 PM »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 03:51:42 PM »
Just a normal H4 ( twin filament ) headlight bulb, many +120%, +150% and even +200% available from Philips, Osram etc.

It is a pain to get to - take off the wheel and pull the plastic mudguard out out the way -  when replacing the bulb DO NOT TOUCH the glass ( if you do wipe it thoroughly with methylated spirits,  if you leave any sweat or oil off your skin on the glass the glass will fail very quickly when it gets hot during use ).   When replacing the bulb it helps to remember that when looking at the 3 projections  sticking out of sides of base (not the electrical plug ) the widest one is vertical when bulb is being fitted into base ( also the widest prong of electrical plug will be vertical and at the top ).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

rekvy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 2003, 1.4
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 03:58:35 PM »
Its pain in the arse, but you dont need to lift up the car.
The best way to change the bulbs is imo to follow this video (at least I did it according to this video):

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 04:06:16 PM »
It is much easier if you lift the car and remove wheel ( opportunity to check the brake pads etc while you do it ), and if you are right handed the left hand bulb is easier to change....
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything