Author Topic: Lookers Honda, Bexleyheath or other local garage?  (Read 5623 times)

guest4331

Lookers Honda, Bexleyheath or other local garage?
« on: October 25, 2013, 09:29:19 PM »
Hi I've only recently passed my test so this is my first car. Car stuff is all very new to me, though I've been studying my Haynes manual :)

Is this place (Lookers, Bexleyheath) any good? I'm due an MOT and service on my 2004 SE, plus probable brake work.

If it's rubbish is there a good alternative garage around Bexley/Greenwich? I'm up for buying my own parts for a service and having them fit the more difficult ones like spark plugs. For example air filters I can do as well as topping up fluids. The oil's recently been changed and we can do the filter ourselves.

I've called a couple of places but it all seems so expensive and I feel cheeky asking if they can miss bits off a service as they seem so keen on justifying the price by telling me all about the parts it includes (ie all those cheap bits and pieces). I really can't afford to be paying for someone to check things like wipers and lights either!

So confused as to what option to take. The above Honda place plus an independent (CP Autos) offer cheaper MOTs if you take a full service at the same time. Worried I'll then be tied in to overpriced work to take them up on the free/reduced price retest.

There doesn't seem much wrong with the car aside from some worn tyres which are getting replaced Monday, and some squeaking brakes. Money saving expert suggests using a council place for an honest MOT... Are squeaky brakes (I guess they are worn) likely to cause an MOT fail?

Sorry quite a few questions there. Hope there's someone out there who can help.

Mel

guest5108

• Topic Starter
Re: Lookers Honda, Bexleyheath or other local garage?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »
hiya
bexleyheath lookers are gone now:(

not drumming up business  ;)
am down erith i have a work shop been working cars over 10 years

Tags: