Author Topic: Keyless Access System Indicator  (Read 3779 times)

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
Keyless Access System Indicator
« on: March 21, 2021, 12:55:52 PM »
Hi,

I have just had the Keyless Access System Indicator light come on whilst getting the car out the garage. Thinking this was due to a low battery in the remote I replaced the battery but the light did not clear.

The manual does not mention anything about having to reprogram the key after changing the battery but I discovered that if you hold the key next to the start button for a few seconds the Keyless Access System Indicator will reset. This does not seem to be in the manual and it just says have a dealer check your vehicle if the light comes on and won’t clear. P98.

Have any others come across this ?

Thanks
Paul.

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT
Re: Keyless Access System Indicator
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 11:50:18 PM »
Changed the batteries in both my remotes recently without issue.

TonyO

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: SE 2016 1.3 manual
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 03:40:52 PM »
Given how rarely you will need to change a bulb it might be worth the extra expense of letting Halfords do it.  I'm hopeless with cars and have used Halfords for years with no issues.  I haven't had my Jazz for long and I'm really impressed with the headlamps.  I upgraded from a Hyundai i10 and the difference is quite marked. 

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 03:46:41 PM »
If you do change the headlamp bulb yourself, remember not to touch the glass with your bare fingers, use a cloth as a barrier, as the grease from fingers can shorten the life of the bulb.
The bulb packaging usually contains such a warning.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 04:22:42 PM »
If you do change the headlamp bulb yourself, remember not to touch the glass with your bare fingers, use a cloth as a barrier, as the grease from fingers can shorten the life of the bulb.
The bulb packaging usually contains such a warning.

Exactly right - the salt and oils on you skin cause 'hot spots' in the special high temperature glass of the bulbs.

This means that when the gas inside the bulb gets hot and pressure rises bubbles form in the glass, and the gas escapes. 

If you do touch the glass you need to wipe it thoroughly with meths or some of those alcohol spectacle cleaning wipes and then dry tissue.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: