Author Topic: Error  (Read 2287 times)

Grt

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2022
Error
« on: May 28, 2022, 07:45:50 PM »
Hi all!
Just got a new Jazz a few days ago and today while I was driving, all of a sudden I got these errors.
It seems like the ACC is not working and also shows an error with the automatic lights control.
Honda is closed at this moment and was wondering if you have faced same problem and if there’s a way to reset these errors so I see if they get back again.

Thank you!

guest9814

Re: Error
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 08:52:10 PM »
I not faced  same error but get similar one when safety camera get fogget, after i turned A/C to defogg windows camera still not worked so i pressed CMBS button
check owner manual page 400
When camera for some reasan not working  switching CMBS off and then on can help.
In your case the camera might be overheated (when outside temerature 34 dergree Celsius inside car parked not in shade can be easily 40 degreee or more) if this is a case camera will back to normal after colling down by using A/C.
Check why camera can stop work on page 444.

Grt

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 10:38:47 PM »
Thank you Roman!
CMBS is off and won’t change to active status.
It was hot when it stopped, but now it’s night and cool and won’t fix.
Oh my, I have the car for 4 days and I already have to visit Honda…

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 11:13:16 PM »
Let's hope they have good coffee...
If nothing goes right, go left!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2022, 05:12:05 AM »
That does look like a camera problem.

ACC and LKAS errors shown.

Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2022, 09:23:26 AM »
I see the temperature is showing as 34 degrees.

The camera will shut down in hot temperatures until the air con in the cabin cools it down.

I’ve had similar errors when the camera was misted up on the inside in winter. It started working again a while later when the mist had cleared.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 12:54:10 PM by sportse »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2022, 11:16:45 AM »
Yes, we've seen misting errors but for me this is the first I've seen with maybe heat.

Purely my opinion but if it still showed an error in the morning after a nights cooling I'd be pulling/reconnecting the battery negative terminal for 10 mins and hope for a reboot.

But, at so new a dealer is probably the best option.

Grt

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 01:09:10 PM »
 So, Honda tells me this is an error that happens in Spain and Greece due to high temperatures.
They’re supposed to fix it with a software update and have to wait till then.
So…until then I cannot use the ACC and some security features that use the front camera; not to mention the orange “error” lights that make me feel like I’m driving a German car and not a Honda.

guest9814

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 02:01:23 PM »
So, Honda tells me this is an error that happens in Spain and Greece due to high temperatures.
So…until then I cannot use the ACC and some security features that use the front camera; not to mention the orange “error” lights that make me feel like I’m driving a German car and not a Honda.

Strange
I live in Israel with day temperatures close to what i seen on your photo,
(right now my car parked in full sun with outside temperature arround 30 degree Celsius,  car inside temperature measured  42 degree) no problems with camera,the camera only switched off because of fog sometimes.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 02:46:41 PM »

Maybe that has been happening in the UK sometimes too.

I've had an issue with ACC failing to engage on long trips occasionally - the screen was clear, so it could be the camera had overheated. It was in winter so air conditioning wasn't on, just heating. It was a sunny day.

A car magazine has also had the same thing.

cantaloupe

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: SR 22
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 03:17:59 PM »
Hello.  I just got home yesterday with the brand new Jazz.  I was lucky to test the various ADAS niceties during the 60 miles ride home, then suddenlty the dashboard lit up with a bunch of amber errors.  Now all the Honda Sensing features are disabled.  I'll ask the vendor first thing on monday, however I've read bad things on different forums where users were unable to fix this even after multiple hardware replacements (front camera and radar unit).  Anybody here had any related experience?

This is my first brand new purchase, I'm feeling rather disheartened.

sportse

• Approved Member
Error
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2022, 06:54:14 PM »
Sorry to hear about your issues, my Jazz was also my first brand new car.

In my case, the issues have been mainly the infotainment unit. The others happen but not often.

I’ve had software updates, hard resets and they will be fitting a new infotainment hardware unit next.

Sadly Honda seems to be great at engines, but are dropping the ball with software and electronics. Even the seat material isn’t up to standard now.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 08:19:51 PM by sportse »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2022, 05:22:09 AM »
Considering it was working I 'd be inspecting the windscreen for any damage or bugs, flies, etc that could block the cameras view.

I'd then disconnect the 12v negative battery terminal for 10 mins to try and reset the electronics.

Just my thought, before a dealer visit for them to get any fault codes.

cantaloupe

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: SR 22
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2022, 07:15:43 AM »
Considering it was working I 'd be inspecting the windscreen for any damage or bugs, flies, etc that could block the cameras view.

I'd then disconnect the 12v negative battery terminal for 10 mins to try and reset the electronics.

Just my thought, before a dealer visit for them to get any fault codes.

Thank you Kremmen. The windshield is spotless. I tried the battery trick, but it didn't clear the errors. I brought the car to a dealership, a bigger one than where I bought it, and they said they've been having a couple of identical cases earlier this year. Said they've able to fix them with just a software reset. I'll bring mine in next week.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2022, 07:22:04 AM »
Hope it doesn't happen again assuming they can fix it.

Tags:

anything