Author Topic: Traffic Announcements Volume Settings  (Read 5126 times)

robark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3SE Tinted Silver
Traffic Announcements Volume Settings
« on: February 22, 2016, 09:27:38 PM »
I have recently taken delivery of a new mark 3 jazz. While driving I like to hear the Traffic Announcements, but find that each time an announcement comes on, I have to increase the volume control to hear it comfortably. On previous cars, including earlier Jazz's that I have owned, the TA announcement volume is set at the level that it was set to on the previous announcement, instead of reverting some default value. The handbook does not appear to offer any help. If anyone has any ideas on this, I would pleased to know them. Thanks in advance

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Traffic Announcements Volume Settings
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 09:25:27 AM »
I haven't noticed a particular problem with this, my experience has been that Traffic Announcements break in at a comfortable volume each time without having to adjust anything. I'm not sure whether the TA uses the same volume setting as the normal audio or whether it can be adjusted separately ?

FWIW, I find the audio system very disappointing and probably the worst feature on an otherwise excellent car. Many people seem to find it doesn't deliver everything the brochure promises (has anyone managed to get screen mirroring actually working, and what's the point of an app store with nothing in it ?), the touchscreen is frustratingly insensitive and distracting to operate whilst driving, plus mine has a fault that causes it to reset itself at random intervals; Honda acknowledge this as a known issue but seem unable to do anything about it. I wouldn't be surprised if your TA volume problem is another bug that they didn't quite sort out before releasing the car.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 03:56:26 PM »
In previous cars we have been able to have the radio turned on, but silent, and still have TA announcements coming in at a sensible volume. Doing this in the Jazz the TA comes in at a very low level. By the time we have turned volume up we have missed part of the announcement.

Can the TA volume be set independent of the normal volume? I can't find a way in the car or in the manual.

Thanks

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 07:50:33 PM »
I thought you just turned the volume up whilst the traffic announcement was on and the new setting was remembered for future announcements with out affecting the radio volume. 

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 08:04:44 PM »
Yes Pine, that was certainly the case with some of my previous cars.
In my case, I find the TA to be too loud, when compared to audio, from a USB stick, have not checked it against the radio input.
Hopefully someone will provide the solution.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »
I thought you just turned the volume up whilst the traffic announcement was on and the new setting was remembered for future announcements with out affecting the radio volume.

That doesn't happen on my car.....would be very logical.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 03:03:07 PM »
I find that if I'm listening to the DAB radio at any volume level above 9, the traffic news cuts in at that level, i.e. no further adjustment is needed.  That setting is retained from trip to trip.  If the radio level is lower than 9, e.g. Zero, the traffic announcement comes in at level 9, and I have to increase it every time.  Another irritation is that the source of the announcement (i.e. the station name) is not displayed, whereas it used to be on the Mk 2.  Many traffic announcements are irrelevant if you're not in that particular area.

I haven't tried using FM radio instead.  I'll have a go.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 06:15:11 PM »
I've now tried FM, and the volume of traffic announcements is the same as for DAB.  However, on the audio screen, the name of the source station of the announcement is shown, unlike DAB.  Odd, but helpful!

Tags:

anything