Author Topic: Just bought a Jazz  (Read 4149 times)

CriticalStress

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Honda Jazz 1.3 i-Vtec S
Just bought a Jazz
« on: October 16, 2023, 10:24:43 PM »
Hi, I've just joined the forum. Happy to say, I've just bought a Honda Jazz i-vtec S 2018 reg (Silver) from Cinch. It hasn't been delivered yet, I get it Thursday afternoon. Can't wait! Looking forward to picking up hints and tips from the forum members.  :)

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Re: Just bought a Jazz
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 09:09:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum, plenty of helpful people here ready to help you out.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 09:25:36 AM »
Welcome: 

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 11:07:42 AM »
sure you will enjoy,

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 08:18:23 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2023, 09:01:15 PM »
Welcome on board.  :D

So how did the first drive of your brilliant new car go this afternoon?

CriticalStress

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2023, 09:14:54 PM »
Hi, I drove to Tesco in it this evening.  ;D

It will take a bit of getting used to. My last car was a Skoda Fabia diesel estate 1.6. Which is going to an online car buying group tomorrow.

I like it, my only mistake was buying the S version which doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but to be honest, I didn't have that on my last car either and if anything this has more features as standard than my last car (automatic lights etc), so I'll cope and this was in my price range.

Will give it more of a spin over the weekend.  :)

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2023, 09:24:09 PM »
I like it, my only mistake was buying the S version which doesn't have all the bells and whistles
It'll have everything you actualy need though I'm sure. I bet it's got a lot more kit than my mk2 ES! Enjoy.

I imagine you're missing the low down grunt of your previous diesel though. The wee 16v petrol engine needs revs to get going. However, it is designed to rev and it won't harm it in anyway. My car sees 4k+ at least once every journey to keep it all working well. And bonus, no dreaded DPF to worry about. Or VAG chocolate injectors and delicate EGR valves. You've made a wise decision!  :D

CriticalStress

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2023, 09:56:27 PM »
I spent £2600 on 4 new injectors in March for the Skoda as one went wrong and then another. Last month another injector failed and that was the last straw for me, so I decided to get rid. This time, I didn't look at VAG cars and just looked for the most reliable Japanese small car. It was either this or the Yaris, but the extra space in the Jazz won me over.  :)

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2023, 10:20:15 PM »
I spent £2600 on 4 new injectors in March ... This time, I didn't look at VAG cars and just looked for the most reliable Japanese small car. It was either this or the Yaris, but the extra space in the Jazz won me over.  :)
You're telling my story  :D  (never again VAG for me - unless they truly get their reliabilty back on track which probably will be a month after hell freezes over)

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2023, 12:16:38 PM »
I spent £2600 on 4 new injectors in March for the Skoda as one went wrong and then another. Last month another injector failed and that was the last straw for me, so I decided to get rid. This time, I didn't look at VAG cars and just looked for the most reliable Japanese small car. It was either this or the Yaris, but the extra space in the Jazz won me over.  :)
Ouch, sorry to hear of it. Sadly, when modern stuff goes wrong they are punishing to put right. VAG motors are some of the worst on the road.

CriticalStress

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2023, 07:09:10 PM »
One thing that I hadn't noticed until now was that my Jazz hasn't got a Jazz badge, is this unusual? I'm wondering whether it's had a knock and the door's been replaced without a badge? Or someone has removed the badge? The car drives fine and looked pristine when I bought it, I just wonder if I should be concerned?

Edit to add: I see that it isn't uncommon for them to come unstuck/fall off so maybe I am worrying unnecessarily here.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 12:34:25 AM by CriticalStress »

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2023, 09:07:23 AM »
One thing that I hadn't noticed until now was that my Jazz hasn't got a Jazz badge, is this unusual? I'm wondering whether it's had a knock and the door's been replaced without a badge? Or someone has removed the badge? The car drives fine and looked pristine when I bought it, I just wonder if I should be concerned?

Edit to add: I see that it isn't uncommon for them to come unstuck/fall off so maybe I am worrying unnecessarily here.

Replace gap with Red Honda badge 8)
I did.

Beaver

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2023, 10:06:15 AM »
On my 2012 model, I removed the iVtec sticker from the rear window, and the Jazz badge from the tailgate (using dental floss).  I just preferred the cleaner look.

CriticalStress

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2023, 01:17:02 AM »
I ended up paying for an online check and couldn't see any accidents or salvage issues. I think it's probably down to the former owner removing the badge or it fell off. Fair enough.  8)

Tags: