Author Topic: Front wide view camera startup failure  (Read 8029 times)

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
Re: Front wide view camera startup failure
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2022, 06:20:47 PM »
This links to the UK Honda recall check site.
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/recalls-and-updates.html

My MY22 EX has the recall:
There is an outstanding recall/update on your vehicle:

Jazz camera defect challenge response error (cr)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 03:56:27 PM by Neil Ives »
Neil Ives

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2022, 07:25:08 PM »
This probably accounts for what I found to be an intermittent failure for LKAS. On several occasions the car pulled to the very right of a motorway lane and would have strayed into the next. Stopping, turning off the ignition and restarting reset the system back to normal. I'll check my VIN!

guest9814

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2022, 08:03:23 PM »
I entered several times my VIN number but system not found my car as affected until i entered my VIN on Italian site, now my car also listed as affected on both UK and Italia sites but not on site of  Honda importer in Israel ;)
On the Israel  goverment transport department site this recall exist but for cars priduced from 1.1.2021-31.12.2022 (strange), along with another one related to central safety belt for pasenger for cars production dates 1.1.2020-31.12.2020.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2022, 05:30:03 AM »
Mine is going in for service on the 23rd.

As I've never had any known issues, probably because I don't use LKAS, RDMS or ACC I'm not fussed if they fail to do mine until it suits them. Only CMBS and that kicked in once when a muppet changed lanes and pulled out in front of me on a motorway.
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2022, 11:01:03 AM »
My EX  ,delivered October 2021,  shows up for the recall. They havnt told me yet, and may plan to do it at its first service. Perhaps they will warn me at the time it will take 2 hours longer than usual ,and hopefully  my cunning plan to tour the town with my bus pass while they do the work  will still be viable.

Meanwhile I will ,apparently, remain at a greater risk of having an accident. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2022, 11:13:42 AM »
They must think we all drive round in zombie mode.

I've managed to avoid hitting things in over 50 years of motoring without fancy domineering aids

Mines on the list so as above, a free bus ride into Watford and a look around

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2022, 11:59:12 AM »
I'm once again reminded of one of my pet theories that the reason some find the system in their previous   'Audi Doodie ' worked  better, with fewer interventions, was because it was never going to work even when needed.  Except they didnt know it.     

The systems in my old Yaris were never any trouble  ,  but only because  it didnt have any. 

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2022, 06:47:31 PM »
Anybody getting this message when they check the VIN on the UK site?
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

BROC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY24 ZR-V Advance
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2022, 07:13:19 PM »
Anybody getting this message when they check the VIN on the UK site?
Yes I saw it, so I checked the VIN (whoch was correct), tried again and got a response.......

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2022, 07:40:35 PM »
Hello,
what i can't understand where this problem comes from,
I have never had any problems (doing the begging) but my machine is from June 2020 and I have always thought that the problem concerned the machines built in 2021, I thought that the problem concerned the change of any parts or suppliers due to the lack of components electronic due to the closure of manufacturing plants for COVID.
Now by entering the VIN my car is also recalled (even if I have not received any recall letter) and I am undecided on what to do, the car has no problems, and I would not want the situation to get worse since everything works.
I just did not expect this recall

guest9814

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2022, 09:34:02 PM »
In the safe driving support system (Honda SENSING), the front wide view camera startup processing program is inappropriate, so the camera may not start when the vehicle is started. As a result, even though the collision damage mitigation brake, etc., is not operating, the indicator light remains on, and the driver may not be able to recognize that the system is not operating.
This is machine translation from Honda Japan recall page
https://www.honda.co.jp/recall/auto/info/220721_651.html
Please use google translation from Japanese to your language.
As i understad also if camera not working we will see green car on green circle and will thinking that all OK with car driver support systems but in reality they may not working at all.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2022, 05:25:34 AM »
The only thing I can guess that presumably uses the camera is the speed sign recognition ?

I frequently look at my dash and the speed sign recognition has always worked OK.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2022, 07:45:18 AM »
Hello,
what i can't understand where this problem comes from,
I have never had any problems (doing the begging) but my machine is from June 2020 and I have always thought that the problem concerned the machines built in 2021, I thought that the problem concerned the change of any parts or suppliers due to the lack of components electronic due to the closure of manufacturing plants for COVID.
Now by entering the VIN my car is also recalled (even if I have not received any recall letter) and I am undecided on what to do, the car has no problems, and I would not want the situation to get worse since everything works.
I just did not expect this recall
I think the recall is for  a communications problem with data.  Sometimes the data gets sent , sometimes it does not. But the driver does not know if its been sent or not. The systems appear to  be working  ok.The driver remains blissfully unaware.    They would only know  there was a problem if the system did not activate as expected in the event of an incident, where it could have prevented  a crash but did not.  .

I can understand those who say they have not needed these things for 50 years, and dont need them or want them now.  But at least they know.     I dont intend to deliberately rely on them to prevent me crashing  but I do want to know they are working !.  ( I do sometimes deliberately drive over white lines,near the edge of the road etc, when safe ,to see how they react) .   I have never needed the life jacket in an aircraft (I'm not sure anyone ever has) but wouldnt be happy to know it wasnt there. "we've run out, but you can have an inflatable unicorn if you're worried"  )

I think the fix is done by updating the software  not by changing scarce computer chips.     There does seem to be some confusion over the production dates  affected.      Possibly they are  taking the opportunity of fixing a number of bugs on all cars   (Hopefully also the camera overheating problem which can sometimes be fixed with a software update.)

I would get it done.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 07:47:50 AM by Lord Voltermore »

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2022, 09:44:32 AM »
My dealer replied this morning to my weekend email about the software upgrade. Said the recall came out last week and it takes 3 to 3.5 hours to do it. Car is now booked in for the end of the month.

(2021 model year  Crosstar first registered June 2021).

Thingy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2022, 11:05:20 AM »
Just called my dealer and the car is booked in for next Tuesday. He said they need it all day so they are collecting the car from home & returning it in the afternoon.

Tags: