Author Topic: New South African variant.  (Read 45138 times)

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
Re: New South African variant.
« Reply #465 on: February 16, 2022, 01:31:12 PM »
Well kids with no particular vulnerability to covid are being offered a largely untested therapy,  with short lived immunity ?  Asylum keys have definitely gone missing...

Largely untested? Hundreds of millions of people have now been testing this vaccine for over a year now.

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #466 on: February 16, 2022, 02:45:18 PM »
Well kids with no particular vulnerability to covid are being offered a largely untested therapy,  with short lived immunity ?  Asylum keys have definitely gone missing...
Kids go to school. Vaccination will lessen interruption to lessons and infections of teachers.
Kids have parents many of whom will be essential workers.
Kids have grand parents and great grandparents some of whom will be vulnerable.
Kids may be affected by long covid and possibly susceptibility to other diseases in the future.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #467 on: February 17, 2022, 09:02:41 AM »
Kids go to school. Vaccination will lessen interruption to lessons and infections of teachers.
Kids have parents many of whom will be essential workers.
Kids have grand parents and great grandparents some of whom will be vulnerable.
Kids may be affected by long covid and possibly susceptibility to other diseases in the future.

Being vaccinated does not stop people passing virus to others.........
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #468 on: February 17, 2022, 09:21:13 AM »

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #469 on: February 17, 2022, 09:25:54 AM »
"Being vaccinated does not stop people passing virus to others........."

But it reduces transmissibility.

"Transmissibility of SARS-CoV-2 among fully vaccinated individuals. Vaccine effectiveness studies have conclusively demonstrated the benefit of COVID-19 vaccines in reducing individual symptomatic and severe disease, resulting in reduced hospitalisations and intensive care unit admissions."

Worldwide stats
Cases.417,809,571  Total Deaths 5,851,050
Vaccinations given - doses. 10,257,109,696

But never mind, vaccination has not  been adequately tested and is not needed as Covid only kills a few people.  8) 8)
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 09:27:32 AM by madasafish »

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #470 on: February 17, 2022, 11:20:20 AM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 11:59:13 AM by JimSh »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #471 on: February 17, 2022, 01:02:34 PM »

But never mind, vaccination has not  been adequately tested and is not needed as Covid only kills a few people.  8) 8)
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

You really ought to check how many people die in the world in a normal year, then multiply by 2.  The figure is 500,000 + in UK alone.   I know those in your link are  supposed to be 'excess deaths' - but deaths in UK in January were actually 9% lower than the 5 year average deaths.

A great many of the obese, old and frail who would die in a normal year did not die from whatever multiple chronic heart, lung, diabetic conditions they were suffering from, apparently they died from covid - except they did not, but we were told they did... some may have died a bit earlier than they otherwise would have done, but 75% of deaths were over 85 years of age.   The press also made great headlines out of 'cases' (which were the big, scary numbers )  but the hospitalised and deaths were hidden away in the small print.  Even when Omicron took over from Delta and the case /  hospitalisation ratio went way down the media still concentrated on cases.  We have been shamelessly coerced and lied to during the last 2 years by the very people we are supposed to trust, no wonder trust in governments is at an all time low all around the world.

It is entirely wrong to give vaccines to people without their consent,  especially where the vaccines could be more harmful than the vanishingly small chance of them being damaged by the virus, and anyone under 16 cannot give consent, just like they cannot vote.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #472 on: February 17, 2022, 06:16:14 PM »
The JVCI says that more than 85 per cent of children are now believed to have natural immunity, how can they square that with the advice to vaccinate them all, as the JVCI also admit that natural immunity from covid is longer lasting than a vaccine.

The take-up of vaccines in 12 to 15 year old children has so far been about 20%,  seem that either the kids or their parents are very sensible in assessing the risk / benefit of the jabs....

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #473 on: February 18, 2022, 07:53:13 AM »
The JVCI says that more than 85 per cent of children are now believed to have natural immunity, how can they square that with the advice to vaccinate them all, as the JVCI also admit that natural immunity from covid is longer lasting than a vaccine.

Yet again no source document cited so these statements cannot be reviewed for accuracy. When and where did JVCI (sic) say this, and in what context? There is actually quite a lot of work reported from reputable authorities about natural immunity, for example:
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/covid-natural-immunity-what-you-need-to-know
https://www.immunology.org/coronavirus/connect-coronavirus-public-engagement-resources/covid-immunity-infection-vaccine

Summary from the second source: “It's likely that for most people vaccination against COVID-19 will induce more effective and longer lasting immunity than that induced by natural infection with the virus. Even if you've had COVID-19, you're recommended to get the vaccine because it will boost whatever immunity you have from natural infection.”
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 09:23:20 AM by ColinB »

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #474 on: February 18, 2022, 10:14:27 PM »
Today's Indie -Sage briefing.
Independent SAGE discusses the importance of the Public Inquiry into Covid-19, led by Professor Gabriel Scally, and with special guests Hannah Brady, Elkan Abrahamson, Dr Tony O’Sullivan and Pete Weatherby QC. Professor Christina Pagel gives the latest figures.
https://www.independentsage.org/weekly-briefing-18th-february-2022/

Intro 0-4m
Cases hospitalisations and deaths etc 4m - 13m
Vaccination for 5-11 yo. 13m
Government's response to epidemic and People's Covid Inquiry 14min -47 m
Questions 47m - end

Interesting session.

See also
https://www.independentsage.org/ending-of-free-tests-statement/

Edit added screenshots

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 11:08:38 PM by JimSh »

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #475 on: February 21, 2022, 12:44:22 PM »
Open Letter from UK Scientists and Medics Re: Early End to England’s Isolation Rules.
https://openletter.earth/open-letter-from-uk-scientists-and-medics-re-early-end-to-englands-isolation-rules-14a731a1

" Prof Anthony Costello, professor of global health and sustainable development at UCL, told the BBC: "The worry about lifting the legal restrictions is that we are telling not only our population, but the world, that there is really nothing to worry about, that it's all over when it isn't."

Edit Added quote.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 12:51:41 PM by JimSh »

JimSh

• Approved Member

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #477 on: February 22, 2022, 09:35:59 AM »
By the look of the media for last week or two I think that SAGE and all the 'expert academics' in UK have moved on to the situation in Ukraine - Chicken Licken could not have come up with worse forecasts. I am happy to say I just looked out of the window and the sky was in its normal place.... although with all the grey clouds it does look a little lower today.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #478 on: February 22, 2022, 03:20:54 PM »
By the look of the media for last week or two I think that SAGE and all the 'expert academics' in UK have moved on to the situation in Ukraine - Chicken Licken could not have come up with worse forecasts. I am happy to say I just looked out of the window and the sky was in its normal place.... although with all the grey clouds it does look a little lower today.

Boris Johnson will need to pick a different team of experts to ignore on the Ukraine.
Meanwhile the BMA and the Health Foundation were not impressed by his "Living with Covid" plans.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/uk_today_homepage/19941628.british-medical-association-slams-boris-johnsons-decision-end-covid-restrictions/

https://www.politics.co.uk/opinion-former/press-release/2022/02/22/living-with-covid-strategy-fails-to-make-provisions-for-the-unequal-impact-of-the-virus/

Edit added link to Health Foundation
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 03:49:17 PM by JimSh »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #479 on: February 22, 2022, 05:39:42 PM »
Off topic, but this is what Biden said

"Ukraine? Of course we must defend Ukraine! It has essential gold reserves which could make us all incredibly wealthy, even Hunter. Why, my grandpa's grandpop panned gold there for twenty years, living in a tent with a rabbit and a mule that could speak Eskimo. No, wait - that ain't Ukraine, that's Yukon. Is that in Canada or Alaska? The difference is which eye they wear the eyepatch on. Left is Canadian. My God! Are the Russians invading Yukon? Or is it just Trudeau in fancy dress again? Get me Elvis on the lobster phone, and saddle up my best mule! It's war on Canada!"

Tags: