Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: D or B!
« Last post by Roman on Today at 05:51:10 PM »

I saving energy by not using regenerative braking if i can coast instead

How do you coast in an automatic?  Coasting implies holding the clutch in or being in neutral.
[/quote]

keeping accelerator slightly depressed (balancing accelerator in place where power flow lines on instrument cluster changes from green to blue and back to green)
The moment when blue lines changes to green  when you releasing carefully accelerator pedal is moment when there is no cosumption at all or consumption is wery small maybe 0.5kw regeneration - in this moment you coasting, after you learning how to do this  you can do that without thinking abou it too much.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Service Costs
« Last post by NathanC67 on Today at 05:49:29 PM »
My 4 year Service is due in November for my 68 plate EX 1.3 i-VTEC CVT Honda Jazz. I've only had it for 7 months so not had to have it serviced as yet.

I got a quote from my Honda Dealer today, and they said it included oil and filter change, pollen filter change and CVT oil change (as every 2 years).

What price should I be looking at? I'm not going to post the quote received as yet. I did mention I was going to be shopping around, so they adjusted it down a little, but stressed they would use all genuine Honda parts of course. But I'm interested in what the cost range is. It's not something that I would consider DIYing.

I'm likely to ask for a quote from Kwikfit and also a small independent that was recommended. I'd probably go with the dealer if the difference is not that great.
« Last post by Kenneve on Today at 05:37:44 PM »
The simple thing to remember is, ANY use of the brakes is wasted energy/petrol and I would suggest that you would, without question use the brakes more in ‘D’ mode, than ‘B’ mode.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Front wide view camera startup failure
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 05:31:05 PM »
My 2020 Crosstar is also afflicted but I won't chase the dealer. September tends to be one of the busier months with the new registration prefix and while they may not be selling many new cars this year, services for those sold in previous Septembers will be due if on 12 month service intervals.
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 04:55:04 PM »
D or B.  Lift off early, loose speed gradually with mild regeneration over a greater distance
This is simply not an option in busy urban traffic if you don't want to annoy your fellow road users.
You'd love following me  :D

I think I'm lucky that I live roughly 1500 km (1000 mi) east of you...  :D
« Last post by Steve_M on Today at 04:53:17 PM »
Anybody getting this message when they check the VIN on the UK site?

If that's your VIN in your image, then that works OK now, your car is affected.

Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Who should be the next British Prime Minister?
« Last post by embee on Today at 04:46:20 PM »
I apologise for drifting off topic, but one other subject which is often misunderstood is that of the "Human Rights", which is frequently at the root of complaints about being told what we must do by others, specifically the EU stopping us doing stuff to people citing Human Rights as if it's a bad thing.
https://www.coe.int/en/web/impact-convention-human-rights/how-it-works

The ECHR (European Convention on Human Rights) is nothing whatsoever to do with the EU, contrary to popular belief. As per the link, ALL 46 Council of Europe members have signed up to the ECHR. The UK enacted it in the form of the Human Rights Act (1998), that law which is under review and the government wants to replace with the Bill of Rights https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/bill-of-rights-bill-documents
Now I confess I haven't trawled through that document to see what it changes relative to the HRA, but the very concept of tearing up the HRA does fill me with trepidation. I don't really know why our govt wants to do it. Actually yes I do, the Bill of Rights proposed in essence takes authority away from the Courts and gives it to the Government (in theory Parliament but in practice the Government), basically the Government can over-rule a Court regarding your Human Rights. Hmmm, not sure I like that. Do I want Patel deciding my freedoms and prohibiting me from being able to take it to the European Court of Justice for an independent assessment?

I have read the summary of the ECHR, there are I think 10 basic chapters and another 4 or something add-ons (codicils?). If you read through those, I'm not sure which of them anyone would think are not a good idea, stuff like freedom from slavery, freedom from unlawful execution by the state, the right of children to an education, freedom of religious belief, etc etc.
The very fact that 46 countries are signed up to the ECHR and it hasn't just been dreamt up over night suggests to me that it's probably quite a decent principled document. I don't understand why the UK seems to think we know better. Could it be just a muscle flexing exercise to make it look like we've "taken back control"? Why not just accept what everyone else has signed up to, or are we somehow different? We're the UK, those namby pamby rules don't apply to us?
had it booked in today at the garage . although now its out he said leave it for now and they will look if it comes back again .. another strange thing was on the return trip bearing in mind we had the air con . on all day . it kind of faded and was like the fan blower stopped working ? i turned it off for about 10 mins then all was well again .. faded away  as before so turned it all off again .. then not far from home upon turning it all on again . its been working fine.. very strange .
« Last post by Geoff_W on Today at 04:34:08 PM »
Anybody getting this message when they check the VIN on the UK site?
Yes, me too. I'm booked in for my first service on 1 September (car bought 3 Sept 2021). I will probably contact my dealer re the recall.

Update: Just spoke to the Service Department and they have confirmed my Crosstar is on the recall list. They've added the work to the service job sheet. Good job I saw this on Club Jazz; thanks for the heads up.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Who should be the next British Prime Minister?
« Last post by JimSh on Today at 04:28:45 PM »

Who's running the country while Johnson is on holiday again and Truss and Sunak are fighting like rats in a sack?

Possibly the Deputy Prime Minister?

Brandon Lewis this morning  “You know as well as I do that as politicians and particularly in a role such as prime minister, even when you are not in the office in Downing Street you are working.”

This afternoon No 10 has now admitted that Boris Johnson will only work from his holiday in Greece if it is “urgent”, hours after former minister Brandon Lewis said the prime minister’s work ethic was not waning in the final days of his premiership.
However, Johnson’s official spokesman clarified that he would not be doing routine work as he was “on leave” and would only be contacted if there were “urgent decisions” to be taken.
“As is the way with prime ministers as you know, by virtue of their role they’ll obviously be kept informed on any urgent issues and make decisions particularly those [related to] national security for example,” he said. “If there were urgent decisions that required the PM’s input he will of course be involved in that.”

He said there were no major meetings scheduled for this week that would require Dominic Raab, the justice secretary, to deputise."

It's not as if there was anything important on like a war in Europe, a cost of living crisis, a heatwave, possible flooding -----

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/15/senior-tory-defends-johnson-for-taking-second-holiday-amid-energy-crisis

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/brandon-lewis-claims-boris-johnson-takes-red-boxes-holiday/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything