Author Topic: New Jazz Down Under  (Read 9276 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
New Jazz Down Under
« on: January 28, 2015, 12:09:38 PM »
There are some good pictures of the new generation Jazz in the link below from Australia
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/gallery/6581/2014-honda-jazz-australia/95423/2014hondajazzaustralia01vtil01?from=60737

poul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 1,3 Elegance Cvt Navi
Re: New Jazz Down Under
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 03:07:13 PM »
 :D anks for this nice fotos

guest5177

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 03:26:53 PM »
Already love it!

The front seems to be more "civic-like" and the interior is definitely growing  :)

I hope I will afford it one day  ;)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 07:36:40 PM »
Thanks for the pictures, it certainly looks a little bigger and a bit neater inside. It's definitely a Jazz from the outside.

Vic.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:29:15 AM »
The front end is growing on me but I still cant get over how fugly the rear end is- I noticed they never put an actual pic of the rear either though  :D

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 03:42:08 PM »
The nearest back-end pics are the yellow, ones but I don't think it looks too bad in those.

Vic.

guest907

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 10:36:13 PM »
I'm going 'down under' in 3 weeks...I'll look out for one but don't think I can wait until later this year to replace my Jazz.

guest907

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 10:21:17 PM »
An update from Down Under, whilst heading out to the Green Mountains (Gold Coast) passed the local Honda dealer so called in. Hadn't been on the forecourt more than 2 minutes a very personable salesman came out and introduced himself. I remember visiting a Hyundai Dealer in the Bury area with my wife and the salesmen watched us for nearly 10 minutes through the windows...until we left!

Anyway...like the New jazz, the interior space seems bigger and yes the rear end is a bit marmite but I liked the clarity of the dash and dials (unlike the current EX) and the touch screen infotainment and heater panel. Clear without specs! The mid range version (see price pic) includes 3 position reversing camera as standard plus hands free phone system (depending UK spec of course). The discounted price is for a brand new car as first owner, the salesman looked a bit aghast when I mentioned 'pre-registered'. Be interesting to see how that price OTR compares to UK prices...I bet they'll be dearer.

I even got my hands on a brochure...unlike UK dealers...then my wife reminded me we are on holiday!

So...mission accomplished, like the new Jazz, the next will be my 7th. Can I wait until the new one comes I should be looking at changing now? Pics upload is being a problem so perhaps I can edit later on as still in a Land Down Under.

[attachment deleted by admin]

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 08:55:58 AM »
Here are a couple of photos I snapped in Napier, New Zealand a couple of weeks ago. (Most of the NZ Jazzes have the rear spoiler fitted).

[attachment deleted by admin]
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 09:39:34 AM »
The discounted price is for a brand new car as first owner, the salesman looked a bit aghast when I mentioned 'pre-registered'. Be interesting to see how that price OTR compares to UK prices...I bet they'll be dearer.

with Aussie Dollar around £0.50 those prices look OK to me,  as that is a pretty high spec car with cruise control, reversing camera - and the VT badge (with 1.5 engine VTEC as well ??) etc.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 04:42:01 PM »
Our friendly dealer told me today the new Jazz in UK will start at over £15k OTR , it just reminds me of how most car makers still view UK as Treasure Island.....
Back in 2002 when the Jazz was introduced we paid £10k for the top of the range model

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 05:48:36 PM »
If the new GF third generation Jazz price starts at £15k for the basic model it will be over priced against the competition and will not sell, Honda need to rebuild their market share and at that price for a base model I doubt if they will win back customers. I understood that the HRV might start at £15 to 16K.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 06:08:47 PM »
I understood that the HRV might start at £15 to 16K.

It'll range from £18 to £25K apparently.  It'll be interesting to see how fast hefty discounts and other offers appear.

Stupid really, everywhere else in the world Hondas are seen as cheap cars yet they seem to try and hold on to a premium rating in the UK.

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 07:20:46 PM »
I understood that the HRV might start at £15 to 16K.

It'll range from £18 to £25K apparently.  It'll be interesting to see how fast hefty discounts and other offers appear.

Stupid really, everywhere else in the world Hondas are seen as cheap cars yet they seem to try and hold on to a premium rating in the UK.
That'll be because of how when you compare it to other cars in the country they don't have the same feel of quality

Tags: