Author Topic: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN  (Read 4615 times)

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN
« on: May 03, 2024, 05:20:00 PM »
Before you all groan, this is an important point (for me at least)

I'm of average intelligence or better, but honestly I've had so many problems understanding this warranty, or more accurately the Five Care Package, as I think it should be rightly called. 

My Crosstar was in for service the other day (3 years) and the service team informed me that whilst my service was free for 5 years (yippee) my warranty runs out in a months time!  I told them I begged to differ.  I had purchased car with a 5 year warranty, 5 year recovery, 5 year servicing - free.  It was part of a deal in (June) 2021 and in order to get it you had to take out the PCP finance - which I did.  I told them I had the documentation at home, but that the salesman sitting behind me in the showroom could corroborate the fact that this was the case.  He heard the conversation and told the service team, and the dealership are now checking into this.

When I got home, I checked my docs for one of very few times since June 2021, and found that I had a letter from Honda confirming the FIVE plan (Aug 2021)  but calling it a "FIVE Service Plan", with actually no mention of warranty extension or recovery cover.  I'd filed it away in 2021 without realising the discrepancy. I just thought, FIVE confirmed - done.  This is clearly why the service people at the dealership see my warranty as soon to expire. 

I have emailed the salesman to see if he can sort it out.  I should have checked the paperwork more closely.  I think now I'm going to be 800 quid out of pocket buying an extra 2 year warranty, as I cant imagine the dealership taking that hit.  Even though, I distinctly remember the conversation with the sales guy at the time, and the fact that he backed that up in the showroom the other day as mentioned above. 

I'm writing this more as a warning to everyone else to check exactly what they have in paperwork for the "FIVE" deal - hopefully nobody else has made the same mistake as me! 

:-[

Spodric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR I-MMD CVT 2020
Re: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 05:44:47 PM »
Before you all groan, this is an important point (for me at least)

I'm of average intelligence or better, but honestly I've had so many problems understanding this warranty, or more accurately the Five Care Package, as I think it should be rightly called. 

My Crosstar was in for service the other day (3 years) and the service team informed me that whilst my service was free for 5 years (yippee) my warranty runs out in a months time!  I told them I begged to differ.  I had purchased car with a 5 year warranty, 5 year recovery, 5 year servicing - free.  It was part of a deal in (June) 2021 and in order to get it you had to take out the PCP finance - which I did.  I told them I had the documentation at home, but that the salesman sitting behind me in the showroom could corroborate the fact that this was the case.  He heard the conversation and told the service team, and the dealership are now checking into this.

When I got home, I checked my docs for one of very few times since June 2021, and found that I had a letter from Honda confirming the FIVE plan (Aug 2021)  but calling it a "FIVE Service Plan", with actually no mention of warranty extension or recovery cover.  I'd filed it away in 2021 without realising the discrepancy. I just thought, FIVE confirmed - done.  This is clearly why the service people at the dealership see my warranty as soon to expire. 

I have emailed the salesman to see if he can sort it out.  I should have checked the paperwork more closely.  I think now I'm going to be 800 quid out of pocket buying an extra 2 year warranty, as I cant imagine the dealership taking that hit.  Even though, I distinctly remember the conversation with the sales guy at the time, and the fact that he backed that up in the showroom the other day as mentioned above. 

I'm writing this more as a warning to everyone else to check exactly what they have in paperwork for the "FIVE" deal - hopefully nobody else has made the same mistake as me! 

:-[

Mine that I did pay extra for at the time of Order in 2020 is headed "Honda 5 Year Care Package" and has all 3 entitlements shown on the first page.

FMIB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 07:39:45 PM »
When I ordered mine in Sept 2022 for Nov 2022 delivery, if I took the min Honda finance and paid a min 6 months I would get the 5 years service pack for free. This is indeed 5 years servicing, but the 3 year warranty remains. The paperwork states just the service plan.
When I checked recently there is an option to pay an additional £399 for the Honda care plan which extends the warranty and breakdown service for an additional 2 years.
No mention of this additional package was mentioned or offered to me at the time.

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/maintaining-your-honda/servicing/five-service-plan.html

If I keep the car beyond 3 years, for me it's a no brainer to extend the warranty. Cars are far too complicated and expensive not to pay the reasonable cost to extend the warranty for peace of mind.

Hicardo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 08:10:11 PM »
FMIB, thanks I hadn't seen that link. 

So it sounds like today if you purchase a FIVE Service Plan, you are able to extend the warranty to 5 years for 399 pounds. 

It's not clear to me from that website link whether this applies to FIVE Service plans that were purchased today,  6 months ago, or as in my case 2 years and 11 months ago? 

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 08:19:59 PM »
My understanding is you can extend the normal 3-year-warranty at any time (within the first 3 years) to the extended 5-year-warranty.
The warranty is not included in the five-year-service-plan!

Hicardo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 09:36:25 PM »
Ah, you see this is what's confusing on the Honda website. 

According to the link already posted above for the Five SERVICE plan, you can Upgrade your FIVE Service Plan to our full Customer Care Package for just £399. This includes a Two Year Extended Guarantee, plus Hondacare Assistance, giving you full peace of mind for the next five years.

I think this clears up the fact that this offer is at point of sale, ie not available to me to purchase in year 3 of ownership. 

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2024, 06:47:37 PM »
I think this clears up the fact that this offer is at point of sale, ie not available to me to purchase in year 3 of ownership.

That's quite the opposite of what my dealership tells me:
They recommended me *NOT* to buy the extended warranty until year three just in case I (or someone else) "totaled" the car before this time - I wanted to buy it at time of purchase.

So, I'm waiting out next to three years of ownership before buying the prolonged warranty.

You should check with your dealership about this - Honda can't be that different in handling extended warranty across Europe (before you go for it: I'm well aware of the fact that neither Switzerland nor GB is a member of the EU)

Addendum:

Please have a look at Extended guarantees
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 06:59:32 PM by coldstart »

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2024, 08:14:05 PM »
According to the link an extra 2 years to take it to 5 years is £799. That's a lot more than £399 if that was the offer when you bought the car (if you had the service plan which was a no brainer if you did the minimum finance)?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2024, 03:32:26 AM »
When I bought my car I was told by the salesman that I had 5 years servicing, warranty and Hondacare

I must check the paperwork
Let's be careful out there !

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2024, 09:35:32 AM »
When I bought my car I was told by the salesman that I had 5 years servicing, warranty and Hondacare

I must check the paperwork

Me too.  That's EXACTLY the deal when I purchased my Crosstar.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2024, 01:57:19 PM »
I had exactly the same deal.  Then when my HR-V was 5 years old, last December, I took out a 3 year extended guarantee for £985.00 and a 3 year service plan for £1,143.00.

The service plan is transferrable but the warranty is not.

The service manager told me that they had sold numerous packages like this to people who were not in a position to pay the price of a new car.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2024, 02:42:08 PM »
I attach what my 5 year care package says. This was the Honda deal as at early 2022 and conditional on taking out finance. I bought the vehicle at 6 months old and the care package, including the warranty, was transferred to me as it effectively belongs to the vehicle and not the purchaser.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2024, 02:46:33 PM »
Avoid the aggro and buy a Kia with standard, included SEVEN years warranty! ;D
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2024, 03:43:45 PM »
I would say:"Suit yourself".

I drive a 2021 EX, zero problems, very satisfied.
The last thing I'm going to do is wait nervously for my brake operating simulator to give up, or for my too small 12 volt battery to prevent me from starting tomorrow.
Oh, and that flat tire without a spare wheel... that's also been making me nervous for years... :P
If nothing goes right, go left!

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2024, 04:23:58 PM »
including the warranty, was transferred to me as it effectively belongs to the vehicle and not the purchaser.

That was true of the original warranty but according to my dealer, not the case with an extended guarantee/warranty.

Tags:

anything