Author Topic: Parking Sensor Recommendation  (Read 2423 times)

thealpinejazzowner

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
Parking Sensor Recommendation
« on: March 29, 2019, 09:12:20 AM »
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying and fitting some parking sensors to my Jazz Hybrid 2013 that doesn't have them by default. Does anybody here has done this? Any recommendation or experience is highly welcome.

I'm mostly confused on how it is done and how much work it needs. Is it required to drill a hole into the bumpers? Will internal electronics be affected? Is it after all advised against or for? And can one do it along with installing a broader car entertainment centre?
Thanks

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Parking Sensor Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 09:00:59 PM »
I have had parking sensors fitted to the current Jazz and my previous Jazz, and the Astra before that. I used a UK company, www.fittedparkingsensors.co.uk, they have a network of fitters who make the appointment for fitting. I have always gone for the colour coded option, and fitting takes around 30 minutes, and on all 3 cars I have never had a problem, and have no hesitation in recommending these guys. The bumper was drilled in situ and it doesn't affect internal electrics.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 07:28:22 PM by Ozzie »

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 10:04:22 PM »
+1, for www.fittedparkingsensors.co.uk

Though, my man dropped off the rear bumper. As Honda's (undrilled), sensor positions, are easily seen from the inside....
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 11:07:31 AM »
I had Dolphin parking sensors fitted on my Jazz, they have their own network in the UK of mobile fitters but only in the UK, they were good and I never had any problems with them.

https://www.dolphin-direct.co.uk/

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 12:37:34 PM »
Posters are recomending UK installers but OP has a Swiss flag on their location ?

https://www.raysmith.co.uk/Numberplate%20Parking%20Sensors

Fitted these Meta ones to Civic years ago ( still have the Civic ) and they work very well ( easily fitted to Civic because reversing lights are mounted in tailgate and so is the number plate,  but in Jazz the reversing lights are fixed in car wings and number plate is on tailgate so a bit more thought needed - cables that come with unit are plenty long enough ). They are surprisingly effective and pick up things about 300mm either side of car at the rear ( great for revering into parking spots between other vehicles ) and despite being mounted quite high and angled upwards pick up quite low things as well.  They can be programmed to ignore a towbar and beeping gets louder and faster the closer you get.   You can get a model with a proper display to mount on dash but I just got the beeper ones, which work fine for me.

Have attached PDF of these fitted to Civic ( and yes car does look shiny but I never clean it - all down to DiamondBrite coating applied by dealer ).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 01:16:31 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

hemming

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 01:20:08 PM »
Thanks for useful information. Could the UK respondents kindly give an indication of the fitted cost please?

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 01:42:29 PM »
Thanks for useful information. Could the UK respondents kindly give an indication of the fitted cost please?
Why not just follow the provided links? They all include costs ::)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 03:59:17 PM »
+1, for www.fittedparkingsensors.co.uk

Though, my man dropped off the rear bumper. As Honda's (undrilled), sensor positions, are easily seen from the inside....

My fitter pressed a sharp point against the marks on the inside of the bumper, making a small dot on the outside, he then measured the marks several times before drilling from the outside, either way it all works and looks fine.  :D :D

hemming

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 05:06:18 PM »
Because of a previous problem with insecure sites I only follow links from known contacts.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 06:54:07 PM »
Because of a previous problem with insecure sites I only follow links from known contacts.
Then you should install some good security software on your device.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 07:25:49 PM »

I had the job done, on my 2015 ES+. Four years ago.

I seem to remember, around £200......
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 07:51:26 PM »

Dare you to open this link :)

https://www.top10bestantivirus.com/free-malware-protection

Been using Norton internet security for many years - you can get a 5 licence download from Argos for less than £20. Do not auto renew though as it will cost Two or three times that.  It hardly affects browsing speed which is more than I can say for malwarebytes, which I got the premium (real time protection ) version of after using free version for a while just for on demand scans, malwarebytes can really slow things down.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5165988
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 07:57:03 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 09:46:19 PM »
I have a Mac so I can't comment on antivirus software Don't want to tempt fate mind.

I use MalwareBytes to periodically scan for malware.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Tags:

anything