Author Topic: Honda jazz 2019 - no tyre deflation menu showing up anymore :/  (Read 2547 times)

eskatephil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2019
Hey guys - looks like I fucked up.

I have tried installing a third party radio from AliExpress - which wasn’t too great of  an experience. Long story short - they didn’t included the canbus with the radio, had a lot of problems with it and even after getting the canbus they failed to give me any actual information on how to configure it properly ( Honda jazz 2019 wasn’t on the list of devices for the canbus app)

I decided jest to bite the bullet and go back to the stock radio.

After installing the radio back I noticed I lost the extra menu on the right hand side of the dashboard (check photo) I assume I am fucked now as that’s the menu for the tyre deflation system.

No idea what to do now - everything was connected as before - any ideas what I could possibly do?

I guess the only possible thing would be installing the joying radio and go with them since they have a preconfigured canbus but I don’t have the money for this right now.

Anyone? :(

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Honda jazz 2019 - no tyre deflation menu showing up anymore :/
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 04:24:27 PM »
At the risk of stating the obvious (apologies), that right hand display has lots of modes. You cycle through them using the buttons on the lower right of the steering wheel. Do none of those work, ie you can't change the display at all?

eskatephil

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 04:32:33 PM »
I can cycle through the menus indeed - I can access the one which you can see in the first picture - when I click enter I just get the pictogram visible on photo 2

ColinB

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2024, 05:39:22 PM »
Is your car a CVT? If so, the Handbook suggests you get that message if you're trying to adjust settings without being in Park (or, for a manual, having the handbrake on).

eskatephil

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2024, 06:03:34 PM »
Cvt meaning it’s automatic?

Yes I am in park mode with hand brake on.

eskatephil

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2024, 06:05:48 PM »
I know it’s a random thought but should I try an odb error scanner? And try to reset faulty errors? I know it’s not an error but I thought it would be some kind of an refresh for the system :/

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2024, 07:51:41 PM »
I can’t understand why the RH dial is not showing its normal menus, are you sure you have reconnected all cables behind the radio?

As regards your Ali unit, the Jazz is not always mentioned on the CANBUS setting but CR-V usually works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColinB

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2024, 07:55:50 PM »
Cvt meaning it’s automatic?

Yes I am in park mode with hand brake on.

OK, I'm afraid that exhausts my knowledge. The Handbook only mentions the "Not in Park" possibility for that display icon.

CVT = Continuously Variable Transmission, which is the only type of automatic transmission available on these cars.

eskatephil

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2024, 07:57:53 PM »
Thank you for trying to help - I appreciate it.

I guess a trip to the official honda dealer is the way to go as for now?

eskatephil

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2024, 11:39:26 PM »

ColinB

I want to thank you for helping me solve my issue with the menu not showing.

So after you mentioned about the car having to be in park mode in order for the menu to show up I eventually connected some dots which lead me to think that maybe my ODB port programmer is the issue.

I have bought an odb auto-door locker (locks the doors once they are in D or Reverse and unlocks when in Parked - bought it as an safety feature for my partner as I dont want to rely on us remembering to lock the doors once we are on the road)

I thought that possibly the odb door programmer is sending out some messages to the system so it thinks its in Drive (when in reality its not) - so after pulling out the programmer I got the menu again.

I just wanted to thank you for this as It was driving me mad (I thought I reprogammed some canbus stuff in my car because of that 3rd party radio).

Fortunately everything is ok now - thank you ever so much again.

Tags: