Author Topic: Red flashing light above multi-information display  (Read 2664 times)

fergus

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz MK2
Red flashing light above multi-information display
« on: June 02, 2022, 12:27:52 AM »
Just noticed (after 5 years) that, when I lock up, along with the red flashing LED near the media screen in teh centre, there's a intermittently flashing red light above the multi-info display. I noticed there's a sort of orphan headlight indicator there too. Can't find any direct reference to either of these in the manual.

This red light might have been flashing merrily for 5 years, it's only the fact I locked up in a particularly dark place that made me notice it, or it might be new and require my attention - any ideas?

Fergus

PS - not sure if I've a MK2 or MK3 - bought new in oct 2017

BadgerMk3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk3
Re: Red flashing light above multi-information display
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 07:24:45 AM »
The red 'blinking' indicator is the security system.

From the manual (page 157):

■ When the security system alarm sets
The security system alarm indicator in the instrument panel blinks. When the
blinking interval changes after about 15 seconds, the security system alarm is set.

I'm not sure what you mean by your 'orphan' headlight reference, but in the multi information display, the headlight symbol is lit when there is a problem with your headlights - either automatic lighting control system (page 107) or high beam support (page 113).

Electronic copies of the owners manual are available here:
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-jazz-owners-manuals.html

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Red flashing light above multi-information display
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 07:54:30 AM »
... I noticed there's a sort of orphan headlight indicator there too ...

I think you’re referring to a button with sun and crescent moon symbols? Nothing to do with the headlights, it’s a dimmer for the main infotainment display. Push it to switch between day & night modes, or use the volume control to dim/brighten the screen. It is in the handbook, using the link posted by BadgerMk3 for the 2017 model it’s on p 221 or 251 depending on which unit your car has.

BTW, Honda don’t call the touchscreen a “multi-info display”, they use that term for the circular display to the right of the speedo. Also if you bought the car new in 2017 and it has a touchscreen in the centre of the dashboard it’s a Mk3.

Tags:

anything