Author Topic: fed up with other half  (Read 4441 times)

guest5251

fed up with other half
« on: June 02, 2015, 08:53:40 PM »
i had a phone call off kath today to be told she has dented the tailgate,put a hole about 37mm in diameter in the bumper and put a crease in the bumper under the rear light cluster,she told me the car rolled back a little on my mums drive and she hit an 8 foot high dividing brick wall between 2 garages(she has parking sensors fitted also) but on investigation she has crumpled the crush can behind the bumper so its been a fair old bump ,the hole has been created by the hollow section of the crush can.
for christmas i am getting her an eye test as i am now concerned how big a wall has to be before she will see it.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: fed up with other half
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 09:58:48 AM »
 :o Oh dear

Hope you get it all sorted and with the missus.

Not quite as extreme as yours but I was gutted when my missus kerbed my alloys  :'(

guest5251

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 05:57:52 PM »
i am taking the car off her at the weekend (that hasn't gone down well) as i am going to remove the bumper sand ,fill and repaint with a rattle can and see how it goes ,as long as it looks respectable i will be happy and if not a bodyshop it will be.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 10:13:00 PM »
If the collapsible post has punctured the bumper, it'll probably be a bit shorter too. Compare the length with the other side. They only bolt on. The other thing that might be mangled are the various slots, tabs and clips which the bumper locates into.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 12:56:51 AM »
She deserves  !!!
If nothing goes right, go left!

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 09:43:43 AM »
Have you thought of trading her in for a newer model ?
That still leaves you with a bumper to fix though . ;D

guest5251

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 11:43:36 PM »
i have but i would miss my son he is 18mth's
and what would i do with 2 cars ??

guest5251

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 11:49:14 PM »
If the collapsible post has punctured the bumper, it'll probably be a bit shorter too. Compare the length with the other side. They only bolt on. The other thing that might be mangled are the various slots, tabs and clips which the bumper locates into.

all the mountings are good ,i know this as i took the bumper off on tuesday and with a hair dryer i heated the bumper up and re shaped the area where the bumper had been puctured to get it looking more respectable.

if you ever have to remove the rear bumper inside the rear wheel arches on the bottom edge there is a spring loaded clip press it down and it unclips the 1st mounting clip making it easy to undo the rest of the clips. 

Tags:

anything