Poll

If your Jazz suffers from worn rear wheel bearings, please tells us what year the car was registered

16 (14.5%)
32 (29.1%)
31 (28.2%)
15 (13.6%)
11 (10%)
4 (3.6%)
1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2002-2006 rear wheel bearings  (Read 113467 times)

guest1390

Re: Jazz rear wheel bearings
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »
Apparently Honda will warranty any rear wheel bearings upto 7 years old ........ ask at your local dealer.

We replaced the offside rear bearing on our 2003 1.4SE in 2006 at 29,000 miles, now it has failed again at 49,000 miles. Would the new bearing be covered under the 7 year warranty, it was a honda part?

guest1390

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 12:31:01 PM »
Apparently Honda will warranty any rear wheel bearings upto 7 years old ........ ask at your local dealer.

We replaced the offside rear bearing on our 2003 1.4SE in 2006 at 29,000 miles, now it has failed again at 49,000 miles. Would the new bearing be covered under the 7 year warranty, it was a honda part?

Our local garage who fitted the last bearing replacement, confirmed that the replacement had failed!! at 49000 miles. He phoned arround for me & found out that Honda have now extended the warranty on this fault to 9 years.
We took it to the Honda dealer where we purchased it in 2005 & after some arm twisting  & quoting details with bills to prove the case, they checked it out at no charge & are replacing it next week FOC ;D

So don't give in keep fighting. Oh evidently Honda do not accept the views of forums like this as they say they can be malicious. Fine but why don't they come clean when there is a problem.

ricksmith

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 07:49:57 PM »
Hi

You say 9 years for the wheel bearings??? I've heard 6 and 7 years but not 9. Who is your local garage are they a Honda place???? Could you give me their number please I would like to contact them.

Thanks 
Rick

guest547

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 09:36:09 AM »
I noticed increased road noise recently on my 03 Jazz and took it to my dealer, Collins Honda of Hailsham, East Sussex and they quickly diagnosed a rear off-side wheel bearing. They offered without prompting to check the warranty situation and fixed a new one while I waited.
Superb service which has been my normal experience at this garage for my car and my wife's Honda.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 09:04:06 PM »
^ I've delt with them over the last six years and have been impressed with their service.

guest1372

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 01:28:11 PM »
Marshalls were adamant that it was 7 years (checked April 2010)

ricksmith

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 02:30:54 PM »
Hi

Thanks For that TG

Rick Smith

guest1296

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »
Just had my 04 Jazz diagnosed with W/B wear and Norton Way Honda, Herts and Honda have agreed a replacement under warranty. Car has only done 30k miles.
Still, nice to get it for free.

guest1461

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 06:18:50 PM »
They are covered up to 7 years not 9.

guest1552

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 08:27:28 PM »
Hi to all, I am new to this forum and looked specifically for rear wheel bearing info. So was intrigued to see bearings done under warranty, so I checked with my local dealer (JT Hughes, Shrewsbury) as I thought I fitted the bill (06 model 51k and FDSH) they said no!? and said they asked Honda UK (I'm calling them tomorrow). This brings me on to the next point - this typically has come to light just days before I'm off on holiday to Cornwall - 600m round trip, do I risk the trip with out changing the bearings and I am wondering if it can be done in time via warranty or will i have to do it myself. Is the same part interchangeable to either O/S or N/S as although there is noise with the wheel jacked up there is no noticeable play.
Any ideas much appreciated...

culzean

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 08:52:00 AM »
Wheel bearings may be noisy but they won't suddenly fail, they will just keep getting noisier for the next few thousand miles, you may have to increase the volume on your radio at some point! When the sound of the radio will no longer covers the droning noise from the rear wheel you may have to change that bearing (probably nearside as this gets all the kerbs and potholes). Nearside and offside rear bearings are the same, they come complete with hub for about £100 to £120).

Also the wheel will not fall off because the bearings are failing, I noticed the noise several thousand miles before I changed mine.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1552

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »
Thanks for that, the wife will be pleased the holiday is safe! I spoke to Honda UK this morning and there position on this was quite catagorical. 3 year 100k warranty and no more. My car did not qualify - end of story.   :(

guest1510

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 04:49:47 PM »
my 2005 Jazz 1.3 manual 84Tkm (mostly highway) has 2 front bearings replaced at 75Tkm but not the rear.  Anyone else has their front bearings replaced? 

guest1823

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2010, 12:08:43 PM »
My Jazz went for its MOT yesterday and I was expecting it to sail through, but this problem crept up on the fail list. I thought it was going to leave a massive blackhole in my wallet over xmas but thankfully I came across this thread in Google and I got the fault repaired at my local garage for gratis.

Last night on the phone though I heard the girl mention to a colleague that the extended warranty for this fault does extend for 9 years. This was with Benefield Honda in Stockton on Tees

guest1899

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 06:32:49 PM »
Anyone else had trouble with rear wheel bearings on their Jazz ?

We have two Jazz's in the family and both had to have rear nearside wheel bearings replaced at about 40K mark.  The first one went really noisy and obviously needed replacing, the second one didn't make a noise but failed the MOT because it was 'slightly rough' - I think I was conned by the Honda garage who failed it,  because they wanted nearly £200 to replace it.

They didn't get the job anyway, I did the job myself in half an hour on my own drive, the bearing and hub comes as a complete unit hence the £120 price tag for the parts. In case you were wondering all the wheel nuts on the Jazz are normal RH thread (30mm single hex socket advised as they are very tight - 160Nm torque ) - don't try to slacken or tighten the nut with the car on the jack, take off the wheel, remove the dustcap, use a screwdriver and hammer to open up the locknut tag, put the wheel back on and lower the car back to the ground - now get your 18" bar and 30mm single hex socket and heave that old nut off - remember its a normal RH thread - the old hub should just slide right off the stub axle - reverse procedure to refit new hub - remember to torque up new nut to 160Nm)

You replace them yourself?  Did you get any warning lights? (e.g. ABS and handbrake).  My wheel bearings also broke down a few months ago.  I had it replaced by a shop using replacement parts.  After the repair, the handbrake and ABS warning lights are on even when the car is running.  They only turn off when I turn the ignition off.  I haven't noticed anything different in way the car handles and I even noticed the ABS working when I slammed on the brakes one time and noticed some brake pumping action happening.  Everything feel okay but I returned the car to the shop and they couldn't find anything wrong in the installation.  Since then, the warning lights are still on and are off only when ignition is off.  Could it be something wrong in the part installed?  Or could it just need some clearing of the warning indicators?  (I already tried removing the batter and installing it again but nothing worked).

Tags: