Author Topic: Apple CarPlay occasional connection issue  (Read 16181 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Apple CarPlay occasional connection issue
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2022, 01:16:15 PM »
I replied the same in the other thread, try just Nav as a test.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2022, 05:17:24 PM »
From the service manager of the dealer:

1) Don't use USB! Apparently the car is designed to only use wireless connections

2) If you do use USB, you can only use the manufacturer phone cable. Honda technical apparently will refuse to investigate any issues where you aren't using the supplied cable.

From the boot loop thread, it looks like Honda have some issues with their software - I've never heard of a USB stick of music crashing a car before.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2022, 07:35:29 PM »
From the service manager of the dealer:

1) Don't use USB! Apparently the car is designed to only use wireless connections

2) If you do use USB, you can only use the manufacturer phone cable. Honda technical apparently will refuse to investigate any issues where you aren't using the supplied cable.

From the boot loop thread, it looks like Honda have some issues with their software - I've never heard of a USB stick of music crashing a car before.

Looks like you need to change dealers if that’s what they are telling you.

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Apple CarPlay occasional connection issue
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2022, 08:20:59 PM »
Unfortunately there aren’t many dealers about.

The supplying dealer wasn’t much use, messing up the lifeshine twice as well as not being much use with mechanical queries.

The most local dealer (that used to service my accord) I think are going out of business as they don’t reply to emails and appear to not have loan cars anymore despite not being near public transport.

The dealer I use for servicing my Jazz I think are doing their best, but appear to be hampered by Honda themselves.

Several long term review models in the press have had issues but Honda hasn’t stepped up and solved them.

My issue with a blank screen on startup was the same one as what car? had with theirs.

Honda won’t accept complaints unless they come from the actual customer preferably with video proof.

A video of a blank screen isn’t much use I would have thought.

Also intermittent issues can’t be shown - Honda technical requires proof before they will even raise a case.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 08:25:53 PM by sportse »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2022, 05:14:40 AM »
How things seem to be changing.

I've been on the Civic forum since 2007 and as long as you have an up to date Honda service record they have been quick to respond.

A warranty is a warranty and I would be pushing.

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2022, 05:38:49 AM »
Yes, it’s a pretty poor showing from Honda - like the change to this variable servicing without oil changes, they seem to be cutting back and saving costs. Now not even investigating issues.

My previous civic and accord were always dealt with quickly and everything worked.

I’ve had many little niggles with the Jazz, mostly software related.

As with the Honda + app, their software doesn’t seem fully developed- just released as is and left.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2022, 06:05:46 AM »
That's the Microsoft theory ....

Patch it out and wait for the phone to ring.

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2022, 10:24:03 AM »
As per my other threads I've had trouble with the voice guidance knock out being caused by alleged corruption on my usb sticks even with switched infotainment head units.
I had to push to get this done as the Honda Dealer can only go so far.

"Honda Technical" are now based in Germany and my dealer said that they were notoriously slow in responding to dealer supplied videos of my problems..... the car had been sporadically with the dealer for a total of over 6 weeks since November

I managed to get my case escalated to the highest level 3 through EUHME-UK Customer Head Office, a 'phone number I had seen on their documentation was 01344 888 489 and an email of customer.headoffice@honda-eu.com

Using this did get things progressed more quickly so may be worth a try.

Looks like dodgy software is the main issue?

Good luck and keep us informed
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2022, 03:22:58 PM »
I think we have to remember that Honda have effectively withdrawn for UK with closure of their main facilities here. UK sales are only about 1% of total sales so it is unlikely we will get the same service as when they had a factory and major resources based in UK. Customer Service etc. is now outsourced and inevitably has led to a decline in customer satisfaction - sorry to say but there must now be a question mark over Honda’s commitment to long term viability in UK. At the UK level of sales it’s hardly worth the effort.

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2022, 04:26:36 PM »
I think we have to remember that Honda have effectively withdrawn for UK with closure of their main facilities here. UK sales are only about 1% of total sales so it is unlikely we will get the same service as when they had a factory and major resources based in UK. Customer Service etc. is now outsourced and inevitably has led to a decline in customer satisfaction - sorry to say but there must now be a question mark over Honda’s commitment to long term viability in UK. At the UK level of sales it’s hardly worth the effort.

Sadly from my experience, I think that's the case - as someone said, Honda rarely issued updates for models already released even when UK sales were a much bigger market for them.

Looking around the dealership while I was waiting to pick up my car, there were big pictures still on the walls from the past - the manufacturing facility, the accord and the legend... all gone now.

They had a HRV parked out the front, on sale for £33k! But inside it may have been the same as when I last visited with my accord many years ago.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2022, 04:58:14 PM »
If all RHD Hondas were global then shipping a few here would be worthwhile but having to cater for stupid NCAP ideas must be crippling.

Hopefully the new Civic will be well received, especially if it drives like our Jazz.

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2022, 08:44:53 AM »
Both issues still happening despite switching to Apple Wireless CarPlay and having nothing at all plugged into the USB data port.  :(

But I now have both on video

1) Start the car and all I get is a blank infotainment screen - the video was taken after I had started the car, put my seatbelt on and still had time to get my phone out and take the video. Completely black screen for over 30 seconds before the menu suddenly appears. The same issue What Car? magazine had with their own long term Jazz:

2) Even though phone shows available, you can't connect. Same issue either at start when the phone doesn't connect automatically or manually or sometimes it drops when you are driving, losing carplay and won't manually reconnect until some random time later it may start working again:

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2022, 08:49:17 AM »

I managed to get my case escalated to the highest level 3 through EUHME-UK Customer Head Office, a 'phone number I had seen on their documentation was 01344 888 489 and an email of customer.headoffice@honda-eu.com

Using this did get things progressed more quickly so may be worth a try.

Looks like dodgy software is the main issue?

Good luck and keep us informed

Many thanks, I've emailed them copies of the videos

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2022, 08:50:29 AM »
Blank screen issue 30 seconds after start:

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2022, 08:51:59 AM »
Can’t connect issue. After automatic connection doesn’t work, neither does manual connection:

Tags: