Author Topic: On screens brightness  (Read 1073 times)

Pogglefish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda HR-V Adv. Style in Sand Khaki
On screens brightness
« on: October 20, 2021, 11:11:56 PM »
Hi All

Just thought I’d report on my week of trial and error with the screens brightness, perhaps helping some other new owners.

Please note this applies to the SR spec (big media screen) and up models; not sure about the base trim’s media screen.

Anyway the manual is woefully inadequate in this respect so:

1) The main dashboard screen brightness control controls both the speedo screen and the media screen. The media screen’s touchscreen brightness control ONLY affects the media screen and ONLY relative to the main dashboard brightness setting.

2) The main dashboard brightness control does nothing to the speedo screen during the day, but will dim or brighten the media screen.

3) If the main brightness is set to maximum, then both the speedo screen and the media screen will STAY IN DAY MODE irrespective of how dark it is outside.

4) In all other settings the car will put both screens in night mode if it thinks it is night time. The main control will adjust both screens at night, and turning up to max will put them back into day mode. However the car will auto-adjust as well, dimming both screens if it is very dark outside.

5) In night mode the media screen can be quite dim relative to the speedo screen, to the pont that if not completely dark outside (e.g. at dusk) it can be quite hard to read. This may be rectified by turning the touchscreen brightness control of the media screen’s night mode up (I set it to one below the max).

Hope that’s helpful; it certainly took me a while to figure out.

- Pogglefish

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: On screens brightness
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 06:57:41 AM »
One thing I haven’t been able to adjust yet is the brightness for the screen when you are using the reversing camera.

I have the brightness set so it’s not too bright at night on the big screen, but when I select reverse it goes to full brightness and lights up the inside of the car.

Switching to D resets the brightness, so it’s only full bright when in reverse. In the day that’s fine, but not good at night.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: On screens brightness
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 07:05:38 AM »
Compared to my Civic, it is brighter but I'm finding it OK when garage parking.
Let's be careful out there !

Tags: