Author Topic: Screen display  (Read 1648 times)

TonyO

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: SE 2016 1.3 manual
Screen display
« on: October 15, 2021, 06:26:52 PM »
I've messed up my display screen. Normally when I select home my display shows Audio, phone, Info, Settings.  I was messing around with display colours and I've somehow managed to remove everything from my home screen.  For the life of me I can't find out how go restore it. Help please.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
Re: Screen display
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 06:42:12 PM »
The Honda operating system is a version of Android. You can move the icons/tiles. Hold your finger on the icon for a while. I think it highlights when it's ready. While your finger is on the icon you can move it around the screens.

Instead of that, I think you can select factory default in the settings menu.
Neil Ives

TonyO

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 06:51:05 PM »
My screen is blank except for Honda App Centre on page 2. If I touch screen for a few seconds a pop up menu appears which prompts me to add an app or widget. However I can't find an app or widget named Audio  Phone or Info which are the 3 that I use a lot. They're normally right there when I press the Home button.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 07:26:02 PM »
Try, General Settings/System/Restore Factory defaults.
Neil Ives

TonyO

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 09:31:21 PM »
Just back from a quick trip to local ship. Touch screen display back to normal. Haven't a clue what went wrong or how it came right  :)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 10:22:45 PM »
My screen is blank except for Honda App Centre on page 2. If I touch screen for a few seconds a pop up menu appears which prompts me to add an app or widget. However I can't find an app or widget named Audio  Phone or Info which are the 3 that I use a lot. They're normally right there when I press the Home button.
The touch screen, being Android, actually has several (I think 5) home screens which you access by swiping left or right. It's possible you did this accidentally when tinkering, so you ended up on a screen that's blank without the usual icons.

TonyO

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 06:48:32 AM »
No I swiped across all of the pages, the only item visible was the Honda App Centre on page 2.  My last action before losing the icons was to change the colour of the display.  When you do that the touch screen system restarts. I can only imagine there was a lag that stopped the normal items on the home screen being displayed for a time.

Tags:

anything