Author Topic: Silly article in today's Autocar  (Read 2354 times)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: Silly article in today's Autocar
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 01:03:18 PM »
...Thomas and his driving lounge  :D

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 03:26:04 PM »
Thomas is 'The Dog's' as far as I am concerned. The BEST reviewer on the internet. Nobody else holds a candle to him. He is my 'go to' reviewer for any car I'm interested in
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2021, 03:28:54 PM »
I think this one is possibly better?

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 07:01:54 PM »
They are very good. My 2nd choice. Their advantage is that they deal with U.K. cars, which of course, Thomas doesn't.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2021, 07:19:55 PM »
...Thomas is definitely funnier though  :)

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2021, 08:49:00 AM »
For a decent review see
Convinced me.  Just ordered a Crosstar in Sunlight White for delivery in November, just days after my BMW X1 lease expires.  Can't wait.
My Crosstar is sunlight white with a black roof, the white is a great colour as it slightly changes its hue when looked at from different angles or at different light levels. These articles about bland appearance etc. my friends (admittedly in their 70's) think it looks great and are quite envious. It's so easy to drive with help in otherwise tricky situations like hill starts, slow traffic, driving at night, parking etc.. You won't regret your choice.

SteveM

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2021, 09:42:57 AM »
My Crosstar is sunlight white with a black roof, the white is a great colour as it slightly changes its hue when looked at from different angles or at different light levels. These articles about bland appearance etc. my friends (admittedly in their 70's) think it looks great and are quite envious. It's so easy to drive with help in otherwise tricky situations like hill starts, slow traffic, driving at night, parking etc.. You won't regret your choice.

Got to say Sunlight White might be my favourite colour on any car I've ever owned (previous champ was a Smart Fortwo with gloss black safety cell and a really 'deep' pearl yellow on the body panels). It's just... interesting, for lack of a better word. Really makes the car stand out but in a nicely subtle way that suits the Jazz very well. Plus it works well with the chrome mirror caps whereas the red feels a little... unbalanced without some additional chrome bits on the sides (something the new horribly overpriced style model fixes but... ouch). As we're just about to head off and pick up my mum's new Brilliant White Jazz I'm hoping this is still my view once they're parked up together!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2021, 09:56:25 AM »
I wanted the dark interior so my choice was black, white or red.

In the past I've had all 3.

Black was swirl city after cleaning
White showed the dirt too quickly for my liking and you need to get into all the crevices, so red it was.

I'm quite happy with it even though a more subtle darker colour would have been my first choice.

My last 3 Hondas have all been a shade of pearlescent grey that didn't show dirt and cleaned up nicely.
Let's be careful out there !

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2021, 08:42:56 PM »
I would liken the fixation of car reviewers on ageist comments regarding Honda as a maker, and the Jazz in particular, to jokes about Skoda back in the day - which went on for AGES AND AGES after they had become desirable cars.

It becomes ingrained in the psyche.  People in the pub STILL say they wouldn't buy a Skoda because theyre uncool, harking back to when they were actually uncool 25 years plus ago.   Attitudes change glacially.

So get used to it, and take heart.  By 2050-ish motoring reviewers will have moved on to another object of venom  ;D

Ive heard talk on this site about VW DSG gearboxes in the same vein   ::) so even club jazz is not immune

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2021, 08:46:36 PM »
Actually - just realised - I wouldn't have a vauxhall anywhere near my driveway, because my uncle back in the 60's had 2 really crap rusty ones  :o :o. so im a sad hypocrite

Tags: