Author Topic: Please help ... transmission problem ..I think!?  (Read 1134 times)

Sami765

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2005 Honda Jazz 1.4 i-DSi sport cvt
Please help ... transmission problem ..I think!?
« on: October 13, 2021, 10:22:50 AM »
Hi, I have a 2008 honda jazz automatic. A few days ago whilst driving my car would jerk and D light would disappear, for a few seconds then  one back happened about 5 times, the next day the engine management light came on and jerked back off. Took to my local garage and they couldn't find a fault, driving home and engine management light came on, D light was flashing and car had barely any power. Took back to garage and they plugged it in, said it came up as a gear box fault but they didn't know what the problem was and so they reset it. Today the same thing has happened (D light disappears for a few seconds.) So I think only a matter of time until engine management light comes on and D light will be flashing again, scared to drive it now really incase I lose power as I have 3 young children in the car with me most of the time.
Amy ideas?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Please help ... transmission problem ..I think!?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 10:35:37 AM »
I know that, on some earlier Jazzes, the fluid change in the automatic transmission was neglected. A friend had a Mk1 and a fluid change made a big difference.

That said his was only juddering.

Sami765

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 06:21:25 PM »
It's done just over 50,000 miles and I don't think it's had a fluid change so maybe that's it? I've got it booked into the garage for the day next week and they are going to try and figure out what the issue is, something simple I hope. Thanks for replying!

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 08:40:01 PM »
Whatever it is you will have to change the CVT fluid after such a lot of miles, it should be flushed & changed every two years.

Make sure you only use genuine Honda CVT-F and you will need it flushed twice & refilled, you will need 2 x 4 litres of fluid cost about £85 plus labour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sami765

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 09:04:09 AM »
Thank you!

Tags: