Author Topic: Maximal sleeping area?  (Read 1778 times)

Tytus

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GD 2003 CVT
Maximal sleeping area?
« on: October 13, 2021, 08:17:42 AM »
Hello,

Can you please tell me,

What is the dimension of the flat floor? (including the "open air" area, from the rear seat edge, to the back of the front seat).

With the front seat in the max position forward in the rails,(front seat backrest inclined forward) closer to the dashboard, from the edge of the interior trunk.

PS: Anyone remove from the rail screws the front seat, and position it even closer to the dashboard, seating area of the front seat tucked under the dashboard, if is a physical possibility? (for Jazz GD model, 2003 is ok to do this trick).
The total length with this configuration, for sleeping?

PS: Mk4 version interior space is smaller than MK3?

Any pictures?

Thank you.

Example picture from Jazz 2015-2020:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 08:43:33 AM by Tytus »

Nigel

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz ER
Re: Maximal sleeping area?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 11:03:52 AM »
About 5' 7" with the front passenger seat and back rest as far forward as it will go without major surgery.  Many moons ago when I was a youngster I adapted my Vauxhall Chevette hatchback as a camper along the lines you are suggesting.
 I'm 6' 2" and it sort of worked so the front passenger seat must have gone further forward as the Chevette was 5cm shorter than the Jazz.  I soon discovered though that not being able to black out the Chevette was a major handicap.

WelshBeauty

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 Honda Jazz 1.4 i-DSi SE
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 02:32:12 PM »
About 5' 7" with the front passenger seat and back rest as far forward as it will go without major surgery.  Many moons ago when I was a youngster I adapted my Vauxhall Chevette hatchback as a camper along the lines you are suggesting.
 I'm 6' 2" and it sort of worked so the front passenger seat must have gone further forward as the Chevette was 5cm shorter than the Jazz.  I soon discovered though that not being able to black out the Chevette was a major handicap.
My mate had a Chevanne, it would have made a lovely camper.

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 08:22:19 PM »
My wife had a Vauxhall Chevette Estate (known in NZ as a "station wagon"). Is this known in England as the Chevanne or was that another variant?

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 09:17:08 PM »
If nothing goes right, go left!

WelshBeauty

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 01:39:25 AM »
My wife had a Vauxhall Chevette Estate (known in NZ as a "station wagon"). Is this known in England as the Chevanne or was that another variant?
Almost, it was same size as Chevanne I believe but with all-round glass and rear seats  . . . . .   an estate!!

Nigel

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz ER
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 09:38:12 PM »
As the OP hasn't commented yet there is time to reminisce.  In UK the Vauxhall Chevette was sold as a 3 door hatchback, a 3 door estate and a 2 or 4 door saloon.  None were called the Chevanne but I believe they were mechanically similar to the Opel Kadett sold in Germany and probably elsewhere.

Bazzzer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX Navi
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 10:09:39 PM »
The Chevanne was branded as a Bedford.

WelshBeauty

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 10:15:54 PM »
The Chevanne was branded as a Bedford.

Vauxhall Motor subsidiary Bedford Vehicles introduced a small commercial vehicles in 1976 based on the Vauxhall Chevette called the Bedford Chevanne.    . . . . . . . according to Google.

Tags:

anything