Author Topic: Protection pack?  (Read 2121 times)

guest4871

Re: Protection pack?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2021, 06:00:00 PM »
Quotes can be tricky to edit as you need to follow the 'rules'

As long as the bit you want to quote is surrounded with a 'quote' and '/quote' you're good to go

Am I missing something?  ;)

I have a little button with the word quote beside it.

This  opens to a new window and I type below the text I am quoting. (After the solid bracket ]after the last word [/quote] ).

If I want to delete some of the quote which is not relevant to my response,  I go to the quote and delete the words I want to delete but never the opening and closing [/quote] .

I preview.

I post.

QED

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2021, 06:31:02 PM »

As long as the bit you want to quote is surrounded with a 'quote' and '/quote' you're good to go

This  opens to a new window and I type below the text I am quoting. (After the solid bracket ]after the last word
).

If I want to delete some of the quote which is not relevant to my response,  I go to the quote and delete the words I want to delete but never the opening and closing [/quote] .

I preview.

I post.

QED
[/quote]

I think Peter understands quoting very well, but  while deleting some of the quote body text he wiped out the header of the quote,  it is easy to do.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 06:32:47 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4871

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2021, 07:28:45 PM »

This  opens to a new window and I type below the text I am quoting. (After the solid bracket ]after the last word
).

I preview.

I post.

QED
[/quote]

I think Peter understands quoting very well, but  while deleting some of the quote body text he wiped out the header of the quote,  it is easy to do.
[/quote]

So it seems     :)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 10:49:35 AM »
Think that's the mistake I've been making. I should leave the original "quote" marks in.

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2021, 01:38:47 PM »
I have the Premium Pack

« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 06:42:49 PM by JJazz »

Tags:

anything