Author Topic: A proud owner of a new Mk4  (Read 1087 times)

Pogglefish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda HR-V Adv. Style in Sand Khaki
A proud owner of a new Mk4
« on: October 11, 2021, 05:10:03 PM »
Hello ClubJazz

I'm Pogglefish (Paul in real life), a brand new (as in last weekend) owner of a brand new Mk4 Jazz EX in Shining Grey.  I traded up from a Mk3 and I have previously owned a Mk1. (I've never owned a Mk2 as I had a couple of Civics in between the Mk1 and the Mk3 but I've have driven them as courtesy cars on occasion).

I haven't completely come to terms with every possible technological possibility of my new hybrid yet, I haven't had it long enough (I'll probably be asking a bunch of questions here before very much longer, though I've already found answers to a great many I had just be searching the posts), but thus far I am extremely impressed with it.  The Mk3 was the obvious end of an evolutionary trail stretching back to the Mk1, but the Mk4 feels like more of a quantum leap.  Once I have had the chance to to get acclimatised to the car, I'll do a proper and measured comparison review of both the Mk3 and the Mk4.

One final thing to add in this introduction is that it was recently brought home to me just how indestructible Jazzes are, when, a few weeks ago, my old Mk1 drove past me! And here's a thing; it didn't look tatty at all despite the fact that it must be 19 years old by now (it's an original (old style radio and dashboard) Mk1 on an 02 plate).

Anyway I look forward to being a part of the forum; thank you in advance for having me. 

Pogglefish

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: A proud owner of a new Mk4
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 05:14:33 PM »
When you go back to Cortina days the rule of thumb was a car lasted 10 years or a Volvo 14. Then it was only fit for the scrappy.

These days, as you say, there are some very tidy rust free 20+ year olds around. Still being bought and sold.
Let's be careful out there !

DWJazz2021

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX (Gen4)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 08:13:10 PM »
Hello ClubJazz

I'm Pogglefish (Paul in real life), a brand new (as in last weekend) owner of a brand new Mk4 Jazz EX in Shining Grey.

Welcome  :)

Just got a similar one myself (first Honda I bought) to better suit London driving. I love the MPG and the quiet bliss of EV mode as we drive past the petrol station and the cars recharging  :D

It’s a very smooth drive with great seats, and large passenger interior (vs the competition)

Wishing you years of happy motoring!

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 11:31:03 AM »
Welcome
I parked my 2012 Jazz this morning beside a 2003 Civic.
Whilst the Civic did not look as shiny as mine  8), the bodywork looked rust free and very tidy

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 08:37:36 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags: