Author Topic: Illumination Packs  (Read 5784 times)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: Illumination Packs
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2021, 11:04:17 AM »
...Illumination pack is still on back order. Not entirely sure what components are in it but maybe the 'chip' shortage is affecting its availability.
Annoying nonetheless!

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2021, 01:35:58 PM »
Hello,
a curiosity, but does mounting the lighting package after the car has already left the factory create problems?
Disassembly of the dashboard any noises that may then be created etc. etc.
or is it normal that these packages are mounted by the vendor and not in the factory?
I ask this because I would like to have the lights mounted near the gear lever and pedals and I would not like to find myself with the car becoming noisy or badly assembled.
Thanks for the info

(sorry for the mistakes i used google translate)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2021, 01:51:41 PM »
...Dealer or factory I believe, although I get the impression that hardly any are factory and almost all are dealer fit.
In UK/Europe maybe more than Asia.

I am slightly worried about creaks and groans that could develop from the fitting of the package as the Dashcam install has already caused one unwanted rattle.
I'll just have to wait and see!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2021, 02:21:13 PM »
Where's the dashcam rattle ?
Let's be careful out there !

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2021, 02:42:02 PM »
Where's the dashcam rattle ?

...There seems to be one directly behind the infotainment (horrible word ;)) screen. This may or my not directly be attributable to the dashcam fitting but wasn't there before they fitted it. There is an occasional one down towards the panel (right knee) holding the parking sensor button et al. More obvious at low speed over not so great ground and in EV mode.
Plus that's where I think they are coming from, sat in the driver's seat :D a passenger may be looking elsewhere.
Any rattle and creak is unwanted but with the much quieter nature of the car itself they are now more apparent!

Thanks for the dashcam recommendation btw. It's spot on  :)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2021, 03:59:19 PM »
The wiring should go nowhere near the infotainment screen but as you say it may be somewhere else. Maybe higher up by the roof lining ?

Behind the lower right panel does indicate the wires haven't been secured sufficiently. When I self fitted mine I used quite a few cable ties to eliminate any issues.

The official instructions want the front cover, behind the rearview mirror, removing, but I found there is a small gap between its top and the roof lining to push secure and hide the cable without removing the cover.

If you have the Honda dashcam then there is wiring down both A pillars so if you have that unit the same may apply on the passengers side.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2021, 04:20:04 PM »
...I'm not sure how well they fitted it. I've moved it from the driver's side, level with the top of the cowling to the passenger side just below the cowling. I assume they thought that having the left half of the image blocked out by black plastic was going to acceptable, or they just didn't check :o (they must have disturbed something else too as the nearside rear window stopped working after the dashcam install)
As you know the Viofo has a 140° viewing angle so moving to the passenger side and having the top of the unit level with the bottom of the cowling gives an uninterrupted view from the lens...

If after this work has been done, along with the illumination pack fitting, there is still an unacceptable 'rattle' then they can look at the fixings again.

I guess that's the trouble with disturbing the dash etc. and that someone else has done the work!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 04:38:31 PM by shufty »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2021, 04:31:58 PM »
I had to move mine because I also got some 'cowl' in the footage. I goofed first time :)

Mine's on the pasenger side anyway and I moved mine further left and down a bit from my original fit.

guest9814

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2021, 06:45:33 PM »
I thinking that I only one with dashboard rattling……
Have same horrible noise on uneven asphalt road, I think that  this after dealer  fitted cheap rear view camera, but after fixing they’re dropped wires under infotainment screen rattles not gone, this maybe going from air conditioning tubes under dashboard (if that not something that fall into this front a/c vents when technicians do installation )

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2021, 03:57:17 AM »
I shun away from interior accessory dealer fit if possible for exactly these issues.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2021, 12:26:39 PM »
...The rattle (behind the infotainment system) is apparently something to do with an 'access connector' and may need to be replaced (infotainment or connector it's not clear) if Honda agree to it. Seems as though it's a known issue.
Will have to wait and see on that.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2021, 02:46:23 PM »
...Illumination pack now fitted!  8)
It is pretty subtle but looks good IMO.
For £390 it is OK value wise, more in probable labour costs than components. Would not be keen on the original individual prices (over £1100?) nor indeed the £890 pack price.
Pictures were a bit hard to get without getting too much or too little light  ::)

Door Sill, door handle, door pocket, footwell and front centre console

Also changed the boot light to an LED one, vast improvement  :)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2021, 02:47:38 PM »
...Continue

Apologies if the pics haven't come out too well.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 02:51:54 PM by shufty »

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2021, 03:13:46 PM »
The only thing that still seems somewhat interesting is replacing the boot light with LED. The rest is (IMHO) money wasted, even if it's "just" £390.  :o

By the way... my dealer indicates that they will replace that boot light for PLN 100 (€ 22.25 or £ 19) with LED...
I still want to think about that, but that will probably happen at the first maintenance... 
If nothing goes right, go left!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2021, 03:19:49 PM »
I've no complaint with the standard boot bulb. I can see enough :)

Tags:

anything