Author Topic: Mild vibration feeling on steering wheel and accelerator pedal  (Read 1864 times)

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
Mild vibration feeling on steering wheel and accelerator pedal
« on: October 03, 2021, 09:00:31 AM »
Hi there, my car is a 2006 auto jazz with a 84k miles on the clock and i had it for around 9 months now. About two months since I started feeling a mild vibration on the steering and possibly on the accelerator pedal too when the car moves from being stationery. This only happens from stationery to moving (possibly auto 1st and 2nd gears) including in traffic light stops. It does not vibrate on right or left turns nor in roundabouts. It only happens from stop to start driving off for 2-3 seconds and dissappears until I stop and driving off again.

Ive changed the engine oil one month ago, rear brake callipers, rear discs and pads were also done 800 miles ago. I  do not know when the cvt oil has been changed but it looks still clear though.

Thank you!

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
Re: Mild vibration feeling on steering wheel and accelerator pedal
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 12:04:53 PM »
Sounds like the start of the common CVT shudder, if you don't have any idea how old the fluid is or even if it is the correct fluid then get it flushed and changed ASAP.

You will need 2 x 4 litres of GENUINE Honda CVT-F to allow 2 flushes and a fill, also consider adding XADO EX-120 for a 'belt and braces' approach.

Every 2 years or 25k miles change the fluid but I guess you could skip the 2 flushes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mj1sjc

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 12:26:00 PM »
Thank you!
Im not a mechanic,  could you please kindly elaborate bit more and explain me in simple English to what you meant by this sentence please? Also, whats Xado ex 120 pls?

"also consider adding XADO EX-120 for a 'belt and braces' approach

Tia!

Sounds like the start of the common CVT shudder, if you don't have any idea how old the fluid is or even if it is the correct fluid then get it flushed and changed ASAP.

You will need 2 x 4 litres of GENUINE Honda CVT-F to allow 2 flushes and a fill, also consider adding XADO EX-120 for a 'belt and braces' approach.

Every 2 years or 25k miles change the fluid but I guess you could skip the 2 flushes.

UKjim

• Approved Member
Mild vibration feeling on steering wheel and accelerator pedal
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 12:34:18 PM »
XADO is an additive that claims to stop the CVT transmission judder, lots of good reviews online. I had my garage add it at my CVT flush & fill, he had also heard good things about it. For the cost of about £15 I thought it was worth a try, I can't tell you whether it's just the new fluid or the XADO or the combination of both that has cured my problem.

https://xado.co.uk/revitalizants/ex120/revitalizant-ex120-automatic-transmission

Do not use any other transmission fluid other than Honda CVT-F and with no history, I would get the job done as a priority.

mj1sjc

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 04:45:10 PM »
Many thanks!
After seeing your replies I've spoken to my friend's friend who is an ex- Honda mechanic. He had offered me to flush the cvt-F twice and refill again for £50 just for labour and I should get 8litres of GENUINE CVT-F oil from Ebay or something. So, I'm thinking of get this done in two weeks and hopefully it will be okay until then, fingers crossed.
So, do you think I should still get this Ex120 still even though I would be doing twice flush? Tia!

XADO is an additive that claims to stop the CVT transmission judder, lots of good reviews online. I had my garage add it at my CVT flush & fill, he had also heard good things about it. For the cost of about £15 I thought it was worth a try, I can't tell you whether it's just the new fluid or the XADO or the combination of both that has cured my problem.

https://xado.co.uk/revitalizants/ex120/revitalizant-ex120-automatic-transmission

Do not use any other transmission fluid other than Honda CVT-F and with no history, I would get the job done as a priority.

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 04:52:32 PM »
So, do you think I should still get this Ex120 still even though I would be doing twice flush? Tia!

Your choice entirely, I cannot tell you for sure if it makes any difference.

Ensure you get the CVT-F and not the later HCF-2 which is not suitable.

mj1sjc

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 05:06:33 PM »
Many thanks for all your inputs!
Done the cvt-F oil change with twice flush. My friend's friend who's an ex Honda mechanic did it as a private job with £50 labour and £85 for x2 4litre original Honda cvt-F oil.

Vibration disappeared now. He said I should religiously change the cvt oil every 2yrs with twice flush.

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 05:19:47 PM »
Many thanks for all your inputs!
Done the cvt-F oil change with twice flush. My friend's friend who's an ex Honda mechanic did it as a private job with £50 labour and £85 for x2 4litre original Honda cvt-F oil.

Vibration disappeared now. He said I should religiously change the cvt oil every 2yrs with twice flush.

Good news

Tags: