Author Topic: Reconfiguring car features by a dealer  (Read 2361 times)

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
Re: Reconfiguring car features by a dealer
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 08:57:11 PM »
To continue this tyre issue. I would also check what Bridgestone, Yokohama and Hankook have to offer, altough my latest experience with Hankook winter tyres was terrible. Very unstable in lane changes and when braking.

For the Jazz I prefere studless tyres, as I'm going to drive mostly on highways or in town. But we still have to think how much my wife is going to use it, since she would prefer studded. She has studded GoodYear tyres in her 1st Gen CR-V. If we lived in north or in more remote areas, I would definetely go to studded tyres. Propably again Michelin, Goodyear, BF Goodrich, Bridgestone, Yokohama and maybe Hankook.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:06:02 PM by TnTkr »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 09:19:35 PM »
Thank you. Now I have a set of Hankook Icept rs2, good as handling but not so much in noise.
End od OT.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2020, 08:54:10 AM »
Yesterday I had to drive to town so I stopped by the dealer to ask about the possibility to reconfigure earlier mentioned features. As some of you assumed, the answer was no, not possible.

But they also told me that unlike e.g. Opel or Mercedes-Benz (which they also sell and service), Honda does not support any kind of customization through HDS. It is capable only to reading values and codes and resetting. As the workshop manager told me, HDS is twenty years behind most other brands in their software tool. More than half of my list of desired customizations would be possible in German cars.

So, next I will go to an idependent car software tuning workshop to see what he could do.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2020, 10:12:10 AM »
Yesterday I had to drive to town so I stopped by the dealer to ask about the possibility to reconfigure earlier mentioned features. As some of you assumed, the answer was no, not possible.

But they also told me that unlike e.g. Opel or Mercedes-Benz (which they also sell and service), Honda does not support any kind of customization through HDS. It is capable only to reading values and codes and resetting. As the workshop manager told me, HDS is twenty years behind most other brands in their software tool. More than half of my list of desired customizations would be possible in German cars.

So, next I will go to an idependent car software tuning workshop to see what he could do.

Did you not ask them about
4. Automatic hazard lights when braking sharply i.e. emergency stop signal. It's annoying to have hazard lights operate when I brake sharp as I normally do when coming to corners or tight turns or at the end of motorway exit ramp. I'd like it to be less sensitive or completely off.
As this should only happen on extreme braking so it must be faulty on your car.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2020, 06:30:48 AM »
Did you not ask them about
4. Automatic hazard lights when braking sharply i.e. emergency stop signal. It's annoying to have hazard lights operate when I brake sharp as I normally do when coming to corners or tight turns or at the end of motorway exit ramp. I'd like it to be less sensitive or completely off.
As this should only happen on extreme braking so it must be faulty on your car.

No I didn't, but now as you mentioned I'll ask next time I go there. I can foresee them saying that it is how it is and that my driving is not normal.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2021, 02:09:46 PM »
I've got the HDS, installed on an old win7 32bit netbook.
Apart from checking and erasing dtc codes, we can only modify some headlight setting and the Oil Control System.
Other settings, as mirror autofold, door autolock and so on cannot be changed.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2021, 04:44:05 AM »
I've found similar information. It seems a hacker is needed to change settings.

Tags: