Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 Jazz Colours
« Last post by shufty on October 22, 2021, 02:19:17 PM »
...I'm really impressed with the Sunlight White. On a dull day it looks like a pale grey with a hint of blueyness as it were :D Which is actually a colour I would have purchased if available! :)
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Defrosting our freezer question
« Last post by BIGFELLAH on October 22, 2021, 02:14:44 PM »
Thank you all for input will use hot water method as recommended.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: RDMS and winter
« Last post by richardfrost on October 22, 2021, 02:09:09 PM »
Is the use of a camera rather than radar why the MK4 is not so good at analysing the situation?

Could be. A 'radar' system would give very accurate measurements of vehicle distances, relative speeds etc., whereas the camera has to estimate, and presumably there is a much greater margin for error to allow for. The system on my car is based on the same ultrasonic sensors as used for parking I believe, but I think that is combined with camera data also.
« Last post by shufty on October 22, 2021, 02:08:23 PM »
...How violent a reaction are we talking?
I've experienced a small shimmy from the wheel and the orange hands image on the screen but as I was under 30mph and holding the wheel it wasn't much to write home about.

What should I be expecting if it really kicks in?!!  :o
« Last post by Neil Ives on October 22, 2021, 01:55:57 PM »
Is the use of a camera rather than radar why the MK4 is not so good at analysing the situation?
« Last post by sportse on October 22, 2021, 01:49:56 PM »

I think this is the key. I have all of these systems on my RAV4 and never an issue. I think ACC is not really for heavy traffic but the Toyota system allows you to just use regular Cruise Control if you prefer. I think Honda need to listen to the concerns expressed here and consider them alongside their own experience and their focus groups, and iterate to more understandable, reliable tech.

Yes, I agree. On the owners groups for previous cars I've owned there are no posts about ACC or RDMS - the systems just work away in the background as they are supposed to.
« Last post by richardfrost on October 22, 2021, 01:21:11 PM »
Or maybe we could all come round and utilise all the hot air we generate to defrost your freezer.
 ;D 8)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Boot Size
« Last post by richardfrost on October 22, 2021, 01:18:52 PM »
The slope of the rear...

...is in my opinion, the problem here. A stylistic choice to look sporty. It is certainly a challenge for me in considering this car.
« Last post by culzean on October 22, 2021, 01:18:38 PM »
A friend has suggested we use car windscreen de-icer spray to accelerate the process,or would this be unwise, or if someone has a better idea that would be appreciated.
Basics physics: you canít change the state of a material unless you add or remove energy. So to melt ice you have to add enough heat to change its state from solid to liquid, aka latent heat of fusion. Squirting in any sort of de-icer isnít going to add enough energy so youíre going to have to add heat anyway. As already suggested, best way is hot air or hot water.

Presumably you would have to leave freezer door open so that heat can be absorbed from the room.
« Last post by richardfrost on October 22, 2021, 01:16:02 PM »
I'm all for tech, and have been an early adopter of hybrids.

However, the systems on the Jazz just aren't that good.

My trade-in was an ex-management Volvo with every safety extra box ticked. Lane departure, auto braking, HUD for following distance, etc.

In 15k miles I never once had any issue with the ACC, yet in the Jazz I've had loads of issues. Low speed follow with stop even worked perfectly in the Volvo during heavy stop/start traffic on the M25.

Lane departure in the Volvo never once tried to put me head on with another car on a perfectly wide enough road or warned me on a straight road that I was about to crash.

I think this is the key. I have all of these systems on my RAV4 and never an issue. I think ACC is not really for heavy traffic but the Toyota system allows you to just use regular Cruise Control if you prefer. I think Honda need to listen to the concerns expressed here and consider them alongside their own experience and their focus groups, and iterate to more understandable, reliable tech.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]