Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Give Way !
« Last post by culzean on Today at 09:56:40 AM »
Crash for cash will now involve a car and pedestrian

A decent dashcam is now a 'must have' accessory for any vehicle, and also a rear camera.... it is just a matter of protecting yourself from events that are out of your control.   The stupid things I have seen cyclists do like cutting inside turning HGV's and buses, riding without lights etc. is unbelievable.  With 'rights' come 'responsibilities' - maybe a complusory test for cyclists and a number plate so that they can be traced when they do stupid things that cause accidents.
New Members / Crosstar noise
« Last post by Derek cranage on Today at 09:50:10 AM »
I am 80 years old had a Merc B200 which I have sold and have a Crosstar on order.
We have a Aygo for around town and the Crosstar will be, as my wife puts it, a high days and holidays car. It will normally have 2 people and some times plus luggage I am not a heavy driver although some times will accelerate quickly.
Where I live 1 mile from M1 junction I will start off on the motorway up a fairly long and steep hill. And I am very concerned with the test reports of the engine making a din in these situations.
I did test drive one on this hill and the engine screamed in high revs but at the time I was playing with the cruise control and may have had in the speed limit setting that had been preset at a lot lower speed.
Can anyone put any light on how bad the noise is, as I am considering if I should be cancelling my order because of this.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Removing dashcam
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 09:46:07 AM »
Its not been asked here, but if you need to remove a mounting thats glued to the windscreen with some sort of sticky pad  the best way is usually to saw it off using a length of strong thread or dental floss. Slip this between the fitting and glass and cut through the sticky pad rubber using a sawing motion.

There may still be some glue residue to remove with suitable solvent .    Also works for other items that are glued on with body trim tape but be careful the cord doesn't cut into something it shouldn't.
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 09:38:13 AM »
The quote wasn't from the link.

It seems that if you are on a main road, turning right into a side street and a pedestrian is about to cross the minor road just as you turn, you are now blocking oncoming traffic.

I just don't get how this was approved.

Haven't you noticed, the objective of traffic planning these days is NOT to speed the passage of traffic, but to actively slow it down!

In the situation you describe, surely you wouldn't start the turn if you see a pedestrian approaching the junction. So you'll be holding up traffic behind you (assuming there's no room to position yourself to allow them through on your nearside, as I was taught but many other people don't bother), not blocking the oncoming traffic.
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 09:28:45 AM »
I assume these significant changes will be widely advertised and explained to the nation before implementation and will hold my breath until that happens... :-X

That's not a trivial problem. Most drivers haven't touched the Highway Code since their test, and a huge proportion of the population no longer look at traditional media so don't see or believe any public information messages. How do you get this kind of thing through to people who get their news from Facebook, their entertainment from YouTube, and their music from Spotify (other platforms are available!)?
« Last post by madasafish on Today at 09:14:12 AM »
I assume these significant changes will be widely advertised and explained to the nation before implementation and will hold my breath until that happens... :-X
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: 2009 mk II lifespan
« Last post by madasafish on Today at 09:10:15 AM »
I have owned my 2012 Jazz for 9 years. I DIY.
SO far I have had zero faults. Zero rust . Exhaust as new.

I expect the car  will outlive my ability to drive (I am 74)  :P
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 08:52:03 AM »
The quote wasn't from the link.

It seems that if you are on a main road, turning right into a side street and a pedestrian is about to cross the minor road just as you turn, you are now blocking oncoming traffic.

I just don't get how this was approved.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: HR-V e:HEV
« Last post by Jayt43 on Today at 08:40:26 AM »
Autocar 8 page review on the HR-V here:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/honda/hr-v
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: 2009 mk II lifespan
« Last post by TnTkr on Today at 08:37:46 AM »
Based on the experiences of Hyundai reliability here in Finland I would not recommend it. It may be fine but there may be annoying and expensive problems in driveline, especially in engine management and fuel injection.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
anything