Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Maximal sleeping area?
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 12:07:10 PM »
I'm not an mot tester but anyone can view the testers manual on line.

Sections 7.1.1  says testers do not need to inspect seatbelts with no corresponding seat,  and section 7.1.2 says they do not need to inspect buckles and stalks with no corresponding seat belt.

From this I would say the absence of seats will not affect the mot, and you can leave their belts  in place. .

Probably better to remind the tester of this before the test. 
Car Care & Detailing / Re: How often do you clean your car?
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 11:50:01 AM »
14 votes a small sample but the cluster around 1 month and 2 to 3 months seems in line with the car leasing company's survey.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Fuel that we use in our Jazz
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 11:44:56 AM »
My Mk4 is showing around 53 mpg. Still based on lots of short journeys. That may not seem that good but the MK3 was showing 43 to 44 mpg in similar driving patterns. That's the computer so I reckon 40 for the Mk3 and 49/50 for the Mk4 in real money.

I'll take an improvement of circa 10 mpg. I use "B" mode most of the time but I always have the Climate Control set to 21 degrees - I rarely turn it off. As it gets colder I'm going to see how the heated seats and steering wheel work. My Nissan Leaf pal uses the heated seats in his car a lot and cranks the Climate Control right down and gets a measurable increase in range.

I know prices are high but I'm tempted to use E5 from here on in (I've changed my mind on that). My low mileage means fuel costs are not a massive issue for me.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: E-cvt gearbox
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 11:35:41 AM »
I think what the OP was trying to get at, like me before purchase and test drive, is that single and dual clutch DSG DCT type gearboxes stop creeping as soon as you touch the brake pedal. They cut drive completely.

They are a real pain.

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Honda websites are a let down...
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 11:27:58 AM »
Funny you mention that.

I found these but the seller said only fits LHD :(

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003282247184.html

I must measure and see how different they are
« Last post by nowster on Today at 11:26:22 AM »
The simple answer is, yes, it does creep like a normal automatic.

How it does it is different to how a conventional automatic gearbox does it. It's a simulation using the electric motor.
« Last post by Jeff15 on Today at 11:24:48 AM »
The drive of the new Jazz is unlike anything else, there is no gearbox as we have all understood for years, it takes a lot to get your head around I know...
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 11:08:44 AM »
Maybe this   is then the only option... (Sorry, couldn't find one spraying BLACK)
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 11:05:30 AM »
You could try 'wrapping' them in auto  vinyl wrap. Maybe black or black carbon fibre effect.

I haven't used it yet but I believe the proper wrap  is  low tack and slightly stretchy so it shrinks and moulds itself to the contours. You can probably do the job without needing to detach the moulding. And if you mess it up or dont like the result its easy to remove without leaving  a mess.

I think you can buy small 'off cuts' quite cheaply on ebay etc.

But beware I think some cheaper stuff on offer is little more than sticky back plastic 'fablon'.
« Last post by Karoq on Today at 10:54:46 AM »
The e:CVT 'gear box' is a misnomer. it is NOT a gearbox. it is a lock up clutch that enables the ICE to connect directly to the road wheels under heavy acceleration or at higher speeds.
The 'creep', either backwards or forwards is purely by the electric motor, even if the ICE is running at the time to charge the battery.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10