Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
A very interesting read and helpful in driving my new Honda jazz ex  , thanks all from a newbie  :D
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 Jazz Colours
« Last post by colinscottish on Today at 02:15:54 PM »
great colour Midnight Blue Beam
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mileage at first service?
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 02:11:21 PM »
My dealer told me 12500 miles or 12 months whichever comes first , but you are allowed to go up to a 1000 miles over on mileage ,or book in for service  a month early or late without affecting the warranty. 

He also said that due to complaints  about early service reminders  the system had been disabled on my car and I would be reminded by their service department.     I think he said it is now Honda policy to disable this by default.  .   There is a tick box printed in the  service book  which shows whether or not the system is disabled on that particular car.  (next to the pre delivery dealers stamp)

My only concern is whether the system will still warn me if the oil level is getting low (not just  the oil pressure warning light ! ) Of course I can use the dipstick  but the handbook says oil consumption can be up to 1 litre per 1000km (625 miles)  I have been known to do that in a day.  (To be fair my Toyota Yaris handbook quoted the same oil consumption but never used much oil.)

The oil is not available everywhere.  Should I buy a litre, or  a 4 -5 litre container? 

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: RDMS and winter
« Last post by Mellorshark on Today at 02:05:20 PM »
[quote author=shufty link=topic=13858.msg109445#msg109445
The Problem with RDMS is that at any moment on a country road it could pull the steering and send you head on into oncoming traffic.
I find this very hard to believe. I have had mine for 16 months and approaching 5k miles. I have not experienced anything like that. Yes it can vibrate the wheel and sometimes it seems a bit premature but steering into oncoming traffic, no. I have noticed that the vibration happens a lot less now than when I first had the car. So maybe my driving has improved 🤔.
From your statement above shouldn't you be reporting this to Honda, NCAP and the DVSA.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Mileage at first service?
« Last post by sportse on Today at 02:00:26 PM »
I bought my Jazz 2 months ago, the mileage was 8 and showing 360 days to service…

Now, 2 months and 4000 miles later it shows only 170 days left until service.

Probably 80-90% is motorway driving at 70mph (113kph.)
« Last post by Roman on Today at 01:51:57 PM »
I done 14900km and next monday exactly 12 month from car purchase - most of my jorneys 8-10 km with speed ~40-50km/h sometime driving at 80-90 km/h for 120-300km
My Jazz still not asking for service .....
My Jazz is Elegance.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: 3000 revs at speed 100kmh is that normal?
« Last post by culzean on Today at 01:32:31 PM »
Have Jazz 2014, 1339cc petrol I-VTEC engine, only 45 000 km mileage, 16 alloy wheels, driving on my own on standard not hilly road. When I reach 100 kmh the revs (RPM)  showing exactly 3000 (5th gear). Is that normal? I feel like the engine is too noisy and struggling much. My previous 16 y old Jazz 2005 with 1.2l engine (8 valves) with mileage 280 000 km, had revs 2700 at  speed 100kmh and it felt somewhat easier to work at that speed. I am a bit worried... that I bought a car with bad engine... didnt show it to mechanic though, only bought it 5 days ago, privately.

That is quite normal,  wifes Jazz is the same and even my 1.8 Honda Civic does same revs,  even though it has 6 gears and a bigger engine,  it is a Honda thing  :-X  The 8 valve twin spark i-DSI engine in MK1 was IMHO a better engine for the Jazz, had more torque at lower revs and more sensible gearing,  my wife ( and me ) still prefer the 8 valve engine characteristics.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 Jazz Colours
« Last post by culzean on Today at 01:30:22 PM »
I’ve just driven in muddy country roads for a week in my platinum white - it’s actually quite good with dirt as it doesn’t look too bad when dirty. It does lose the platinum sparkle when dirty and just appears flat white.

The rear window/tailgate seems to be where most of the dirt accumulates but as I’d been washing it for a while with good shampoo beforehand it came off easily.

If I was regularly driving on those roads mudguards would help as the near side by the wheels also had quite a bit of mud spray.

My wifes MK2 is Orchid pearl white - and does not seem to show dirt either ( just as well, it only gets cleaned when it rains  :o ).
« Last post by sportse on Today at 01:30:18 PM »
Yes, a service once a year is always recommended.

On my Toyota hybrid, the service intervals were one year or 12,500 miles.

But on the Jazz it seems to have variable servicing depending on how the car is driven. Short trips/motorway driving will likely require servicing in less than the standard mileage.

I’ve been watching the time to service display and it has been going down more than the months that have passed, so must be adjusting for different driving conditions.
« Last post by Bristol_Crosstar on Today at 01:29:56 PM »
Service has to be done annually at least, mine had 4.5K on the clock at the first service just before the anniversary of the date first registered
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything