Author Topic: Paint issues on 17 plate Jazz, is anyone having a similar experience?  (Read 5229 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Paint issues on 17 plate Jazz, is anyone having a similar experience?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2019, 09:59:33 AM »
I agree with that. Soft paint on a Japanese car rather than mediocre German reliability for me as well.

spud

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2019, 08:31:35 PM »
yer you go pay all that money you wont agood car and good paint work unelss your not fussy

spud

• Registered Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2019, 08:36:14 PM »
hi you would rather have paint that rubs off and stone chips so easy you not to fussy about your motors appearance by the sound of it you should get both for the price pal

spud

• Registered Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 08:40:48 PM »
hi you would rather have soft paint and rust coming through stone chips easy but runs ok you not to fussy about your cars appearance by the sound of it pal

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2019, 08:52:45 PM »
My car is 13 years old and 112,000 miles with its soft paint.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2019, 06:04:03 PM »
hi you would rather have soft paint and rust coming through stone chips easy but runs ok you not to fussy about your cars appearance by the sound of it pal

You don't get both with a VW either, and those are not exactly cheap,  never really had any problems with paint on any of the Honda cars I have had, and never had to spend any money on repairs - just normal consumables despite large mileages.  I am not exactly fussy about polishing my cars,  had the DiamondBrite treatment done and the rain washes and polishes them for me and i spent nothing on polish and wax,  just use AutoGlym super resin polish on the plastic headlight covers every month or so to stop them yellowing ( great for PVC window frames as well). After my family and friends experiences ( and expenses) with VAG cars I will stick to Japanese and risk the thin paint. 

As I said paint is only for decoration on modern cars as the panels are all Zintec electro-zinc plated.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 01:27:27 PM »
Talking of VW's woes, today I saw a Y reg Golf. Whatever VW do now, they certainly knew how to build them back in the early 80's. Especially Polos. There are a ton of old Polos still on the road. I don't know if it was the fact that Golfs were young men's cars - and got thrashed - whereas Polos were old men's cars - and survived. A bit like the early Jazz.

LJs JAZZ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es cvt
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 04:29:02 PM »
We have the jazz And a polo, the jazz mainly for Mrs. LJ. Our present jazz is the Mk2 with cvt, which is excellent.
We previously had two Mk1s, both a bit troublesome.
The VW is mine, although this new polo with 1.2 TSI engine is terrific the engine is a gem pulling strongly from 1500 rpm all the way to 3500 rpm and is better on fuel than the jazz, In fact Mrs. LJ has started to use it now!!
My enthusiasm for VW started 52 years ago and I have owned 14 alltogether over this time with no major problems.
In fact the very first one gave the most trouble, the engine dropped a valve, which was a common occurance on the air cooled engines. I was otherwise very impressed with the build quality and stayed with VW after all.
I ran the VW transporter for my job in the heating trade and had really trouble free service, they stand up to all sorts of use and abuse. I have lost count of the number of times other lads phoned to say they cannt get to the job because either their vans either will not start or have broken down! I do not think a Honda vehicle of that type ( if they made one ) would stand up to the type of use our VWs had
Nice reving engines they have but the VW is the better all round product, in my humble opinion based on the above.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 06:16:51 PM »
We have the jazz And a polo, the jazz mainly for Mrs. LJ. Our present jazz is the Mk2 with cvt, which is excellent.
We previously had two Mk1s, both a bit troublesome.
The VW is mine, although this new polo with 1.2 TSI engine is terrific the engine is a gem pulling strongly from 1500 rpm all the way to 3500 rpm and is better on fuel than the jazz, In fact Mrs. LJ has started to use it now!!
My enthusiasm for VW started 52 years ago and I have owned 14 alltogether over this time with no major problems.
In fact the very first one gave the most trouble, the engine dropped a valve, which was a common occurance on the air cooled engines. I was otherwise very impressed with the build quality and stayed with VW after all.
I ran the VW transporter for my job in the heating trade and had really trouble free service, they stand up to all sorts of use and abuse. I have lost count of the number of times other lads phoned to say they cannt get to the job because either their vans either will not start or have broken down! I do not think a Honda vehicle of that type ( if they made one ) would stand up to the type of use our VWs had
Nice reving engines they have but the VW is the better all round product, in my humble opinion based on the above.

The best engine I have driven for a long time is the 1.4 boosterjet engine in my brothers Suzuki Vitara, great torque from just above tickover to about 4500 revs, but above that the engine still great ( not there is normally much reason to go above that though ).  I have a Civic 1.8 I-vtec and that is also a peach.  IMHO  VW are living on past reputation, German cars in general no longer come out well in reliability and overall running cost stats.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

AlanTR

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2019, 08:12:52 PM »
Contact Honda Customer Service on info.UK.car@honda-eu.com

Tags:

anything