Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Battety drain
« Last post by culzean on Today at 01:23:21 PM »
On a similar note, we have been on holiday for 3 weeks with my wifes GE Si sat on the drive at home. When we got back home I thought at may be a good idea to plug battery charger in and top the battery up.  To my surprise my battery charger went from orange light (charging at normal rate ) to green light (fully charged and on trickle charge ) within 5 minutes. The battery is a 3 year old Yuasa silver battery.  I was well impressed,  my motorbike battery ( a Varta on the bike from new 3 years ago ) which I charge every month over winter, takes at least 30 minutes at full charge before it changes over to green light.

When it comes time to replace motorbike battery it will be a Yuasa AGM battery, which I had fitted to other bikes I had and never had a problem.
New Members / Re: Hi Everyone
« Last post by RichardA on Today at 11:55:11 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: wheel alignment
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 11:35:05 AM »
I usually wear the outer edge of my offside front, due to one motorway bend I regularly take at a silly speed.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: MPG for those interested.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 11:32:45 AM »
Another thing I have found with my Jazz is once the fuel light comes on it stays on, until you have put sufficient fuel in to reset it. it obviously has a designed in hysteresis. Previous cars I have owned, the fuel light would start flashing on bends, or under braking, and didn't stay lit until a few miles after the first blink. My Jazz doesn't work that way. The light comes on under braking or cornering, then stays on until I fill up. It is either on longer, or is set for a much lower level.
When I went to buy the car the light was on, it was on for the extended test drive, and when the guy came to pick me up to complete the sale it was still on. About 50 miles from my first drive of the car. He then filled up on the return back to his sales room.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 11:28:12 AM »
Hi

Well, back from ATS, and they checked alignment and it was OK, they certainly have some good gear in there so i believe them. No charge, however the fronts are definitely worn more on the outer edges which they say is probably due to power steering. They do reckon i've about another 15k miles left in them, but if they keep scrubbing off the edge maybe not, so they are going on the back.

mike

Spirited cornering will wear the outer shoulder of tyre more than the inner shoulder. I have never seen any noticeable uneven wear on tyres of any Honda I have owned.  The best suspension setup was on my 1996 Civic (the Rover 400 shape) - it had unequal length double wishbone suspension which makes the wheels follow a path as the car rolls in a corner to keep the tyre absolutely flat on the road, later Honda models just had single wishbone MacPherson strut - like most other cars except real expensive ones,  which is a bit cheap and nasty and does not control wheel geometry anywhere near well.

Power steering should not affect tyre wear unless (like most women and some blokes I see ) you turn the wheels from lock to lock when car is stationary - and then it will just put a mini flat spot on the tyre and stress the power steering and suspension.  When I am doing tight reversing such as on carparks my wheels are being turned the other way (the way they need to point when I go forward again ) while I am still moving backwards,  and vice-versa,  this means tyres are rotating when wheels are pivoting and there is no extra wear on the tyres or stress on the car.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 11:11:35 AM »
I thought the 500 miles estimate was silly. Orange light came on at 410 miles with two bars on the fuel gauge. Finally filled up with the car saying 4 miles left, put in 35 litres. Pump to pump mpg was 55.9.
I'm very surprised you could only put in 35 litres if the miles remaining was down to 4.

It seems logical that the fuel light comes on with about 5 or 6 litres left in tank,  and once you are onto reserve fuel the 'miles to go display' is effectively in negative equity so will say zero until you fill up again.

That is why first half of tank always lasts longer than second half on any car - if tank holds 40 litres then when the gauge is on halfway mark you have used 20 litres (or maybe more if you count that there may be some extra in the tube from filler to tank, but that would be on top of normal 40 litres capacity anyway), the second half of tank will show empty and put the light on when about 14 litres have been used, the other 6 is 'reserve' - ie still there when tank is effectively empty as far as instruments are concerned.
« Last post by coffeecup on Today at 10:42:18 AM »
Hi

Well, back from ATS, and they checked alignment and it was OK, they certainly have some good gear in there so i believe them. No charge, however the fronts are definitely worn more on the outer edges which they say is probably due to power steering. They do reckon i've about another 15k miles left in them, but if they keep scrubbing off the edge maybe not, so they are going on the back.

mike
« Last post by andruec on September 22, 2018, 09:51:39 PM »
I thought the 500 miles estimate was silly. Orange light came on at 410 miles with two bars on the fuel gauge. Finally filled up with the car saying 4 miles left, put in 35 litres. Pump to pump mpg was 55.9.
I'm very surprised you could only put in 35 litres if the miles remaining was down to 4.
This whole tank has been weird. I mentioned in another thread that a closed road has resulted in me commuting by dual carriageway and motorway instead of A road. That has bumped the displayed mpg from 54 to nearly 58 and for most of the tank the car has been suggesting I'd get nearly 500 miles before filling up. Then for the final quarter it has started reducing that estimate.

At the start of today's drive to golf (21 miles each way) the gauge showed two bars and it predicted 58 miles remaining. At the start of the return journey as I pulled out of the club the fuel light came on and it was saying 27 miles remaining. Then as I pulled up to the pump at journey's end it was saying 4 miles.

It seems like some kind of correction for the overestimate at the start of the tank. Since I could only get 35 litres in (and I had to push it a bit to get that) there suggests there should have been 7 litres left which is over 70 miles of driving.

This is why I normally fill up at half or two thirds empty - to avoid this kind of fuel gauge silliness :-/
« Last post by Downsizer on September 22, 2018, 09:36:57 PM »
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Battety drain
« Last post by Ozzie-x on September 22, 2018, 08:28:24 PM »
Thx will test rear screen n pull fuses in the morning .
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10