Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Car Care & Detailing / Clear coat failure and paint protection.
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 10:24:13 PM »
Just got back from 5 nights in Kefalonia. Main reason I was best man at a pal's wedding (second time round for him and his new wife) but we decided to tack a few days on for a holiday. Never been before - very relaxing place and mostly unspoiled. I'd certainly go again.

Being a sad old git I found myself taking note of the condition of many of the local cars. The amount of clear coat failure on some very recent cars - some no older than 5 years - was striking. More than I've seen in other warmer climes. The mid summer heat and light is ferocious there and most of the cars live in coastal areas.

The idea of a clear coat is to protect the paint beneath it and, in the UK and most other northern European countries it does a reasonable job but it clearly is not indestructible.

I felt vindicated in slapping on a coat of wax a couple of times a year. These clear coats are obviously not indestructible and need some care and maintenance.

Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Upsetting sight.
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 10:13:03 PM »
I came upon an upsetting sight, today while driving along a fairly busy country B road. A young fox cub had been knocked down in the carriageway, but what made it particularly upsetting was its young brother or sister refused to leave the body, and was dodging round the cars, just waiting on its turn to come. My wife was really upset. If there had been a safe place to stop and park I would have lifted the body and put it in the field. At least then its sibling would have had a chance. However, as it is a twisty road, with banks at the side I didn't get the chance.
Some of you may be thinking, good riddance to vermin, but all I saw was a young life lost and another at serious risk.

Moving story Jocko and shows that many animals have feelings of loss and distress.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: A boy's day out.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 10:07:46 PM »
Whatever you choose, have fun, Jocko! And ... for this day leave your ScanGauge at home. ;)
Without a doubt. The single seaters were great. Some fast laps in a SEAT Cupra with the instructor, then let out on your own, to go as fast as you dared!
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 10:05:49 PM »
Whatever you choose, have fun, Jocko! And ... for this day leave your ScanGauge at home. ;)

Good one -  ;D
« Last post by jazzway on Today at 09:54:56 PM »
The dealer kept it to go in a trade in Jazz that has had its spare wheel kit retained for a future purchase.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Engine mounting stud broken
« Last post by Izzy on Today at 08:32:34 PM »
Sorry but I cannot load any photo but the forum wont let me but I have a broken eng mtg stud where there are two studs through a alloy casting the one that is left has a point to it so I guess the other one that missing would also be pointed
it looks like I will be able to remove the casting to get access to the broken stud. Does any one know what size and thread the stud is please.
   Hopefully all I will need is a good stud remover and plenty of freeing agent

Done it found how to add photo thanks
Cheers
Yes the new foam fits snug. The dealer fitted ours so we never got the old foam to have to store away.

I opted for the spare wheel from the Honda dealer for my 2018 Jazz. You do get a space saver. The tools to change the wheel over and you get to keep the inflation pump and tyre repair kit. All of it fits into the correct new shape piece of foam. It was 250 but I hope to have the car for around 10 years use so I decided it was worth getting the official one. The boot carpet ends up been nice and level.

So the spare spacer saver fits under a new style foam insert? Does the foam fit snuggly over the spare wheel, I guess so? If its like that ill prob buy it. But ill end up with the original foam with no resale value probably  :(
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?
« Last post by daveyboy on Today at 07:04:36 PM »
What annoys me is that us is still operating in non metric gallons and its cheap we are well ripped off in uk.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: What colour Honda Jazz MK3 do you own?
« Last post by Barcam on Today at 06:51:29 PM »
The other thing that annoys me is that The Honda Fit can have adaptive cruise control and lane keeping assist which steers the car back into the lane when you drift wide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10