Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Jinbeizame on May 02, 2024, 11:52:34 AM »
Since my Jazz was towed away to Honda Stoneacre, Chesterfield on 29/04/24, they contacted me over the phone only once on the following day (just confirmed my car was with them). Then without my foreknowledge, I have had a call from Thrifty rent-a-car firm, telling that a rental car will be delivered this afternoon. A quick call to Stoneacre has put me in the loop what's going on. Let's make long story short, they say Honda UK have agreed to pay for the replacement parts but NOT a labour cost (approx £450) at this stage.  Unless I have agreed to pay for the labour now they will not take further action (to place an order for parts from Honda UK).  Not knowing at this stage whether Honda UK will ultimately agree to pay for the labour, I have to choose to close the curtain once for all. I may end up with paying for  the labour but, instead, I would like to start the new motoring life with not Honda.  See what will happen to me next. BTW availability of the Brake Operating Module is unknown at the moment.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spacesaver spare wheel
« Last post by olduser1 on May 02, 2024, 11:06:12 AM »
manufactures have to save all the weight they can to comply with the emission lobby, hence lack of tools jack spare tyre etc
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Fuse Boxes Information.
« Last post by olduser1 on May 02, 2024, 11:03:41 AM »
Manufacturers these days dont want owners to be able to change oil bulbs etc why would they help you ID the fuses.
I would look at the design of the F box on ealier years then attempt top match the layout.
« Last post by Don21 on May 02, 2024, 10:42:30 AM »
Many thanks Lord Voltimore. The manual you suggest shows the fuses but like I mentioned they are identified as IN, IN 2 etc. Unfortunately while IN etc means Ignition it doesn't identify what circuit the fuse protect.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: This damned tyre pressure warning system.
« Last post by Peter5145 on May 02, 2024, 10:18:29 AM »
Apologies for recently starting a new thread on this subject - but it's good to see it's a common problem!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spacesaver spare wheel
« Last post by Peter5145 on May 02, 2024, 09:51:22 AM »
I carry a full sized spare in my Mk4, strapped down in the boot space.It takes up quite a bit pf space but I can still fit  a medium sized suitcase laying on  top of the tyre and quite a lot of luggage to its side.   More remaining volume than the total boot space in my 2007 Yaris.   
That seems quite an extreme solution, but I suppose if you're set on that particular model but feel a spare is essential you don't have any alternative. Fewer and fewer cars on the market now even seem to have provision for a spare, let alone having one as standard.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Tyre deflation false alarms
« Last post by Peter5145 on May 02, 2024, 09:43:43 AM »
When this first happened to me, just two weeks after taking delivery of my Jazz, I immediately pulled over and checked the tyres and discovered that there was no sign of loss of pressure in any of the tyres.  It's happened a few times since then but if the car feels OK I've felt confident enough to drive carefully to the next convenient services.  I thought the false alarms could be due to the tyres warming up and the pressures increasing but the handbook says "The low tyre pressure indicator will not come on as a result of over inflation."  I just recalibrate the system and the warning goes away - until the next time!  I also recalibrate after any routine check and adjustment of tyre pressures.
Good to know I'm not the only one!

I do as you say, but it's inconvenient having to stop and check the pressures on what seems like every other longish journey I make.

I can't just assume it's a false alarm, as I did have a genuine alert where there was a puncture and fairly rapid deflation. On this occasion I ended up driving about six miles before stopping to check. Perhaps with hindsight I should have stopped sooner, but obviously if you're on a motorway without hard shoulders that's impossible.

I might try the suggestion of resetting after a fast run to see if that makes any difference.
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on May 02, 2024, 09:42:49 AM »
Fuses are identified in the on line owners manual  for my 2021 car.  Probably also in the 2024 manual.

If you havnt got a manual you can view it and download a free pdf from Honda via this site

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals.html
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Battery fan loud at speed over 60 km/h
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on May 02, 2024, 09:26:49 AM »
I have never noticed mine . Sometimes once you become aware of a noise you tend to concentrate on it and it seems to get worse.     Was your check of the vent enough to say nothing has been sucked into the fan such as a leaf or sweet wrapper? 

You could ask the dealer to have a listen.    They might have a way of getting the fan to run without  a test drive.  Or try doing a sound recording using your phone that they could listen to. 
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Fuse Boxes Information.
« Last post by Don21 on May 02, 2024, 08:57:02 AM »
Hello, Purchased a new Jazz Advance for the wife. Some may wonder why I am asking this question, it relates to an event with the last car she had. The fuse boxes under the bonnet and inside the car ( Passenger footwell ). They have identification like IG Main, IG Main 2 etc. I know IG means Ignition but how do I find out what circuit each fuse protects.  Years ago fuse box identifications would say accessories, lights, wipers etc so I knew what a fuse protected. So is there any way I can find a diagram, picture whatever for what each fuse protects. I understand the potential hazards of doing anything in this area but my qualifications and knowledge means I have a complete understanding of modern car electrics.  Many thanks for any replies.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10