Author Topic: What MPG are you getting from your Honda Jazz ?  (Read 175351 times)

Jazzmeister

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT
Re: What MPG are you getting from your Honda Jazz ?
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2023, 10:27:26 AM »
I am having an issue with my Jazz 1.4 not with mpg, but with the mileage reading for the remaining fuel in the tank.
At 47k miles I was losing miles rather than gaining miles on the reading & it was incredible before that, so had the plugs & air filter changed & since then it hasn't been right. Had the tank breather pipe cleaned, but it is still an issue losing miles rather than gaining when doing 30 - 40mph for X amount of miles so the figure then increases.
Anyone else having this issue? What did you have done to sort this out? Many thanks
If you otherwise aren't having mpg fuel economy issues then just ignore it, it's just an indicator so doesn't actually reflect the engines health or running condition. Maybe just to be on the safe side record your fuel fill-ups and mileage to confirm the actual fuel economy is still acceptable and if it is then not much else to do.
Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT | Previous car - Mk II 2012 Honda Jazz 1.3 Cvt

BrummPopBang

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2012 5dr Hatchback 1.4 I-Vtech ES L13Z1
« Reply #331 on: June 14, 2023, 09:34:11 AM »
If the mpg calcs from running the car from one full tank to another show an acceptable performance then you are ok.

I had a surprise with my ivtec Jazz where the aircon was on when it looked as though it was off. I had run it through the winter like this, so it was not obvious to me that the aircon was cooling until the first hot day about a three weeks ago.

This version has around LCD display about 50mm dia showing the temperature in the upper part of the display, the fan behaviour in the low part and across the middle it shows the state of the aircon ie...

A/C On
A/C Off
Blank

When showing blank, the A/C is ON. This caused dreadful fuel efficiency results but now that I habitually set it to A/C Off, the performance is much better.
Kind regards
Stephen Ford

nigelr

• Approved Member
  • 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'
  • Fuel economy: 45 mpg
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES
« Reply #332 on: July 06, 2023, 09:38:53 PM »
I have had my mk2 since 2018, just done my best run (Stockport to Llanwenog and back, 328 miles), up to 63 mpg, overall 60mpg. Normal mpg 48-52.

Romel

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2012, 1.4L, Manual Transmission
« Reply #333 on: August 08, 2023, 11:49:24 PM »
Last week from Liverpool - Folkstone - Gravesend - Liverpool

Was cruising in between 70-75 miles/hr in motorway with Air Con.
Average MPG 60 in motorway

Since last service 4800 miles, spark plugs renewal 2800 miles
Present mileage 85000

In city drive get around 44-46 mpg. Fuel light comes around after driving 320 miles in the city.

Jazz 2012 (1.4 Ltr engine), manual transmission.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #334 on: August 09, 2023, 06:46:21 AM »
11 year results on my 2012 1.4 CT Jazz@ Fuelly
Mileage 58k. Mpg 42.7mpg
80% travel in town.

Recent 500 mile round trip to Scotland 50.1mpg.

Brakballe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz II GG3
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2024, 10:15:17 PM »
My MPG is eggzellent! But it is OFC dependant about how ham fisted you are. I did some records recently with countryside roads driving. No HW (Motorways). Max speed was 80 km/h. Normal smooth, no egg under the speeder. 4.4 L/100km = 64.200227 mpg (UK)

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #336 on: January 19, 2024, 07:56:45 AM »
I publish my mpg history in the MK4 forum.

After 'refining' my car settings to suit my style/comfort etc my overall consumption is 54.39mpg.

The chart and records indicate weather (temp) is a major factor and of course motorway usage.

Chart added for broader owners info.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 03:03:45 PM by aphybrid »

Marmoset

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 2020
« Reply #337 on: January 19, 2024, 01:37:04 PM »
and it roughly corresponded to what the computer said, so I decided to get a life and use the computer.

I found that the smoother your driving the nearer the computer is to real mpg.  Computer uses injector open times to calculate MPG and takes a snapshot every so many seconds to come up with average readout (the mpg readout responds to changes in driving much more quickly after you zero the trip display because it is averaging fuel used over a small number of miles,  as the mileage on the trip increase the updating gets more and more sluggish, until after 100 miles mpg average readout barely changes at all whether you floor the throttle or drive carefully).

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1090929_gas-mileage-displays-in-cars-accurate-or-optimistic

That's definitely a Honda IMA dash in the above clip,  looks a lot like the Civic one with floating display and MPH reading just under the windscreen lower edge.

The last time I did a refill to brim-full tank test I only found a 1% difference.  My attempts to drive smoothly appear to be paying off!

Your point about the average MPG not changing much after getting a few miles into a tank is correct.  On the other hand, I've found the range to reduce far more quickly than the distance covered towards the end of a tank.  It's a little unnerving when you're low on fuel and stuck on the motorway. 

Still, I've managed a 1000km tank (though only in summer) and my accumulated MPG over around 16,000 miles is above 70.

Skertonman

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
« Reply #338 on: March 25, 2024, 06:44:10 PM »
New owner 1.2 vtec manual, full tank to empty, 33 ltrs to refill getting 345 miles, works out about 47mpg. Mixed driving including 150 motorway miles.

Tags:

anything