Author Topic: Wind deflectors  (Read 2241 times)

guest4324

Wind deflectors
« on: April 06, 2014, 03:02:51 AM »
 I'm thinking about getting some wind deflectors but in Switzerland it's a bit restricted by the legality. First, they can only be clear and not dark due to the amount of light they let through (must have 70% of light passing through) and secondly, like in Germany as well, they must have a manufacturers certificate (ABE) that they have been tested as safe (like a tüv cert.) otherwise the car is no longer road legal and obviously you're then liable to a fine and not insured!!
 So far I can only find the original Honda items which are about £100 for 4, or Climair which are about £45 for the front and £30 for the rear. Ive seen a test on youtube with Climair against Team Heko and Farad, Climair won hands down. (Farad blew off!!)
 Has anyone fitted Climair or Honda and what are you're experiences, also any photos would be good because on the Honda website and ebay you don't get a good idea of what they really look like.

guest4621

• Topic Starter
Re: Wind deflectors
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 11:49:08 AM »
I've not got the Climair for the Jazz, but had some for a previous car and I was very impressed with the quality. I did some research when I was looking for some for my Jazz GE and I'm sure I found a thread or two on here about the Climair catching on auto-folding mirrors? I'll have a look in a sec...

I ended up opting for the Mugen ones, which I appreciate aren't an option for you. I would of probably gone for the Climair over the Honda

UPDATE: No they don't catch on the folding mirrors - Gaffer confirmed:
http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=3099

guest4324

• Topic Starter
Re: Wind deflectors
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 12:03:36 PM »
Thanks for the info, due to my limited options I'll go for the Climair, l think they look better than the Honda ones.

Tags: