Author Topic: 2018 Jazz infotainment system another question  (Read 19340 times)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: 2018 Jazz infotainment system another question
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2023, 12:57:12 PM »
Not so. For example, the RH display only gives bare bones mpg. You need the big display to see instantaneous mpg, the history of Trip A, and the mpg for the current and previous drive.

Now that's interesting. How do you find this information frim the center display?

On my car there’s a big button on the screen when I start the car. However, that may be because of the way I left the screen when I last turned the car off. To find it from scratch (NB The following applies to the OEM head unit fitted to the UK spec SE trim model):
1. Go to the Home Screen by tapping the button with the 6 squares top right of the unit.
2. There should be a cluster of buttons marked “Info” somewhere on the screen. Two of those go directly to the Trip Computer display with tabs for “Current drive” and “Trip A”.

If there’s no Info cluster, try swiping left/right through all the home screens to see if it’s on one of the home screens not normally visible.

If still not visible, it is possible that this is something that only appears if you switch the display to the alternative skin. I remember doing this several years ago and discovered that that created a button to put a big clock on the big screen which isn’t possible with the standard skin, so maybe the Trip Computer buttons are the same. Changing to the alternative skin is somewhere in the settings.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2023, 09:27:11 PM »
Thank you! I found it. And to my disappointment, the instant fuel consumption is presented only with the same coarse block bar as in the dasboard multi-function display. I was so much hoping for a proper numeric value, like it is in longer term fuel consumption values.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2023, 09:38:46 PM »
Thank you! I found it. And to my disappointment, the instant fuel consumption is presented only with the same coarse block bar as in the dasboard multi-function display. I was so much hoping for a proper numeric value, like it is in longer term fuel consumption values.

That's good. Personally, I find the instant consumption pretty pointless: all it really tells you is whether you've got your foot on the gas or not, and I think I already know that. Much more useful are the averages for the current drive and over the recent fill-ups (my Trip A resets at each fill).

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2023, 05:35:00 AM »
I think so too, that the instant fuel consumption indicator, as it is in our Jazzes, is useless. I would like to see more precise value to see the effect of e.g. air-conditionning, window defroster, open window or slight change in the speed.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 05:37:19 AM by TnTkr »

Tags: