Author Topic: New Jazz EX Navi Milano Red  (Read 2100 times)

phillywolf

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 EX Navi
New Jazz EX Navi Milano Red
« on: December 19, 2018, 01:55:24 PM »
Hi all.
 Decided to join the forum having just bought a new EX Navi. Delivery around 7 January 2019. It is in Milano red. Imagine my shock when I read some posts about colour fading here and other googling. I really did like the red demo and have had red cars before the last being 2008 Fiesta. Am I really facing a big problem with this colour , I intend keeping the car for three years. Answers welcome I will post more question as time goes on I am sure. Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 02:05:20 PM by phillywolf »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: New Jazz EX Navi Milano Red
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 02:30:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum. You don't see many, if any, faded Honda's, even older ones. As you are only keeping the car for three years and the surface corrosion warranty is for three years I don't think you will have anything to worry about.

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 04:51:51 PM »
It will be fine, all red cars fade eventually, but keeping it polished regularly will prevent this from happening till it's an old clunker if at all, even if it did fade you can bring it up like new again with T-cut (did this on two previous cars I've owned, no problems). Don't worry about it, I got an orange one but red would have been my 2nd choice with no worries about fading whatsoever.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 05:23:51 PM »
Will not fade in 3 years,  but all red paint fades because it absorbs all the high energy light rays that other colours reflect.

When we moved into our house it had a red front door facing west,  it was too hot to touch some days and even inside of the door was hot to touch.  it was quickly painted white which reduced the temperature by about 50degC - often wondered about having a reversible door with the red outside in winter and white outside in summer LOL
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 05:58:51 PM »
I've had 3 Jazz cars, all Milano Red, No problem whatsoever with any of them.
Just enjoy the car, when you eventually get it👍

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 06:29:35 PM »
Our  old Jazz 2011 MY in Milano Red looks as new the time I saw it at a local supermarket.
A great choice for your new Jazz , just enjoy your motoring in 2019 & beyond.

phillywolf

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 EX Navi
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 05:42:44 PM »
Well, finally picked up the Jazz from dealer last Saturday and to say we are delighted is an understatement. Big shout out to our Honda dealer whose handover of the vehicle was exemplary.from cloth cover over car and letting my wife whose car it will be pull off said cloth to reveal the gleaming red vehicle waiting to be taken out of the showroom viewing area. Having had the test drive some 6 weeks ago before ordering we had a few reservations during the wait but believe at this time they were unfounded. It is the 1.3 ex and is worth every penny even though I doubt we will use all the technology. The ride is a little smoother than I remember and the interior is nice. Unless we are doing something wrong I don’t think we have had the idle stop work yet but I think I have read somewhere it is temperamental but does not take away our enjoyment.Only done about 150 miles so far and very pleased with it. The music system is better than some other brands we have had including an Audi A1 we had 3 years ago. Sorry to harp on a bit.  😊

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 07:03:40 PM »
Idle stop shouldn't be temperamental. There are a lot of reasons why it won't activate (listed in your manual) but if you drive a couple of miles then bring the car to a halt I/S should kick in almost every time. The most common reasons for it not doing are:

* Engine not up to temperature.
* Cabin temperature too far from target on vehicles with climate control.

Less common:

* Brake pedal not pressed hard enough. By design the I/S won't kick in if you use very light pressure on the brake pedal. In practice most drivers won't have this problem (it's actually a handy feature for short stops and I find it quite difficult to do).

After a lot of stop/starting the I/S can also decide the battery has lost too much charge and will refuse to play.

A few posters here also seem to have been locked out by a cold battery. That is listed in the manual but after three years of ownership I've never known it happen.

But whilst there are a lot of reasons why I/S might not be available it shouldn't appear to operate on a whim. And you should always see either the 'A' with a circular arrow (meaning I/S has switched the engine off) or a circle with a symbol inside (eg; 'AC' when cabin temperature is the issue) telling you why I/S hasn't switched the engine off.

Oh and with the CVT Jazz you have to keep the foot brake depressed at all times though no one knows why Honda designed it that way. For the manual I think once you've selected neutral you can release all pedals.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 08:34:34 PM »
At this time of year the main reasons for the idle stop not working are (i) engine not warmed up (thermometer symbol on mult-function display) which should only apply for a few miles and (ii) cabin not warmed up (A/C symbol on multi-function display) which can apply for 10 miles or more if it's very cold outside. Another potential cause is low battery (battery symbol) but this shouldn't be the case with a new vehicle. One way to check if the idle stop is working is, when you are about to stop, to turn off the cabin heating fan which should remove cabin temperature from the car's decision making process.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: