Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: High mileage
« Last post by Hondachap on Today at 03:31:28 PM »
218.500 mls  07 plate still going strong  ;D
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Display reseting on its own.
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 01:15:21 PM »
Well actually it took me ages to navigate in a language I did not know to get it back to English.
Shouldn't have done, you get the language button every time you start the car. That's why it's one of the first things you see on the screen.

It would better to have a default English selection at the same place so when the world finally beats Gods stupid idea of creating many languages when the Tower of Babel was built we will all be talking sense.
English has a long way to go before it becomes a default language for any company seeking to sell their products world-wide:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers
« Last post by Omits on Today at 12:38:55 PM »
Well actually it took me ages to navigate in a language I did not know to get it back to English. It would better to have a default English selection at the same place so when the world finally beats Gods stupid idea of creating many languages when the Tower of Babel was built we will all be talking sense.
Hybrid / Re: no battery hybrid?
« Last post by smilertoo on Today at 11:54:26 AM »
Nice so it will work even if you're unlucky enough for the battery to go. Is there a reason everyone 'had' a hybrid?
Hybrid / Re: no battery hybrid?
« Last post by jazzavac on Today at 10:44:18 AM »
If main battery or its charging system fails, you may have IMA light on the dashboard ON, but car should run fine as any non-hybrid car.

Honda Jazz Hybrid uses hybrid battery to start the engine and for start/stop, but it also has standard starter fitted.

As mentioned above, in case of hybrid battery failure, only downside is about 70kg of unnecessary load and IMA light ON which may cause MOT advisory or failure.

On the other side, some forum members reported that the weight of the battery actually improves handling.
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 10:26:12 AM »
I have seen the ‘Language’ option on the startup warning and both of these say to me that the designers are total idiots.
To be fair to the designers, they do need to put the language option at the top of the menu tree, otherwise you'd have to browse through menus in a language you don't understand to find the right setting (had to do that on an old phone when some comedian changed the language setting to arabic !). But they could have made that button smaller or placed it further from the main button on that screen to make it less likely that anyone would tap it accidentally.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Rear seat belt not working
« Last post by ColinS on Today at 07:36:09 AM »
Are you sure that you are putting the belt into the correct socket as on the 2009, 2012 & 2015 jazz one of the belt latches is different from the other 2. One latching socket is for the centre sart belt and the outside belts will not latch into that socket.
When I asked the same of my MKIII, the Honda technician said that this was the most frequently asked question when people got a new Honda.  Sure enough I was using the wrong end.
« Last post by csp on Today at 06:43:44 AM »
Are you sure that you are putting the belt into the correct socket as on the 2009, 2012 & 2015 jazz one of the belt latches is different from the other 2. One latching socket is for the centre sart belt and the outside belts will not latch into that socket.
« Last post by JazzyB on December 16, 2018, 11:51:17 PM »
Try spraying some WD-40 or the like, worked for me in the past.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Rear seat belt not working
« Last post by u587162 on December 16, 2018, 11:18:01 PM »
The buckle on my rear seat belt does not hold the metal clip in place.  I insert the belt but it just comes back out.  Any idea how I can fix this or easily replace that part?  This is for a Honda Jazz 2007 model.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10