Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: D or B!
« Last post by Mark Dirac on August 19, 2022, 10:22:46 PM »
Having read the manual, I did not spot the section where it states that you should not change the gear selector, whilst accelerating. The page number would be good. Thanks.
It's on page 400. It's puzzling - it's an incidental sidenote. Almost a throw-away comment. I suspect they mean not to accelerate hard whilst moving the shifter. Because, I cannot think of any reason what damage could possibly be done by moving the shifter whilst moving (forward!).

The text is:
Do not operate the shift lever while pressing the accelerator pedal. You could damage the transmission.

Could anyone suggest please how damage could occur?

Anyone think that neutral is a problem? Itís hardly going to wreck the non existent gearbox!
I too have wondered about this. Again, what on earth problem could be caused by shifting to N??

Years ago we were taught not to drive in neutral in case of brake failure, or inadequate brake force. But that's not an issue here - that's not the reason. Perhaps some people are anxious at shifting to N because of this warning from their driving instructor years/decades ago?

And here's a third puzzle - on page 27 we are shown that we can move the shifter from B to D to N without pressing the release button, yet to shift from D to B we do have to press the button. Why on earth?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz consumption competition
« Last post by ColinB on August 19, 2022, 09:31:25 PM »
My dealer has invited me to compete in his weekly JAZZ ,consumption competition over a predetermined route, taking abut 20 minutes.
Lowest consumption of the week gets a £50 M&S voucher.
Is this his own idea or is it a Honda U.K. scheme?

I think I've missed something here. You own an HR-V but you're being asked to take part in a competition for Jazz owners? Although I guess it'd be (mildly) interesting to see if an HR-V could beat the best Jazz.
Re your final question, it can only be a local thing, otherwise they'd be expecting folks to travel from all over the country to get to the route.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: D or B!
« Last post by davejazz on August 19, 2022, 09:28:09 PM »
Some really good points and economy doesn't appear to be affected for some people whether in B or D.
From my experience of living in a flat area I notice the battery charge increases quickly when on the hills, so I wonder if economy is better if a person has a longish hill (s) in their normal routine
I drive in D most of the time.
I Use B if necessary to slow down on hills, and when I can see I will need to stop eg slow traffic, roundabouts etc to increase regeneration and save on brake pads.
I find I notice immediately when I have not switched back to D on lifting my foot off the accelerator.
The manual tells us not to change the gear selector when accelerating - not clear as to what that actually means so I don't do it.
It also allows some changes without pressing the selector button eg D to B and B to D
I also use ECCO mode all the time as of yet.
On my two refills 946 miles and 68 litres over a period of twelve weeks. Mainly urban flat. Motorway a couple of journeys about thirty miles.
Just love the car..EX model.

Have had it for 11 weeks, covered 1950 miles, and itís showing 75.6 MPG., and increasing.
Just my pennyworth..... Run it in economy for 97% of the time. Occasionally, with the throttle quarter open, and holding it there, I switch off the economy button, to experience the increased acceleration. Very impressed! I suppose I use the B mode 90% of the time, but have been known to knock it into neutral, on the occasional steep hill, as the retardation was too strong, and D, has too little. I return to B at the bottom of the hill, for the 90% bend. Having read the manual, I did not spot the section where it states that you should not change the gear selector, whilst accelerating. The page number would be good. Thanks.
Anyone think that neutral is a problem? Itís hardly going to wreck the non existent gearbox!
« Last post by tdcirocks on August 19, 2022, 09:24:51 PM »
Can anyone  beat peugeot 208 diesel ?

https://www.media.stellantis.com/em-en/peugeot/press/2-0-l-100-km-with-a-standard-peugeot-208-bluehdi-an-absolute-fuel-consumption-record#

That's impressive but personally i would go for a german diesel
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Coolant Level in Mk4 Jazz
« Last post by Wonder on August 19, 2022, 09:12:55 PM »
Hello, I state that I have not read the jazz use and maintenance booklet, but generally the liquid level must be between the max and the minimum.
Never exceed the max level because when the coolant heats up it must find space in the tank to expand otherwise you risk breaking the tank (cap pipes etc.)
Obviously not below the minimum because then you could be scarce with the coolant.
The checks are always carried out with the car stationary on a level surface and with the engine off and cold
« Last post by Roman on August 19, 2022, 08:44:39 PM »
Ah yes, preparation.

What have I missed :)
I would have thought the most important thing would have been to start off with a fully charged high voltage battery.

Better to start off with engine heated to it`s working temperature - 80 degrees C.
In summer engine get to this temperature after driving 8-10 km in town with speed 40-50km/h
Don`t relay on regeneration, use glide (coast) technique where this possible, if you can  drive this road before competition.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Faulty mirror folding
« Last post by Roman on August 19, 2022, 08:32:53 PM »
Vizited dealer workshop because wide camera recall, and complainded about failing mirror
Dealer refused to replace mirror - i get answer that them waiting for software update for left mirror .....
and i shoul wait for call from them (probably i will not get any call till and of waranty period.....
What ????
Mirror that i can`t close by using FOB key ......(it`s stupid electric button that closing and opening mirror and motors with plastic gears only) or nayby they shoul update software of one of fuses.....
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Warped rear brake rotors
« Last post by Roman on August 19, 2022, 08:24:31 PM »
Thins my car almost new (400km on clock) i started to hear strange noises from rear of car during long trips
no any incidents or potholes, at least from time i received my car !!!
After several complains in main dealer workshop where they not found any problems with braking system i vizited small Honda workshop and able to enter workshop itself and check rear wheel hubs withot wheels attached when my car lifted for brakes check, hub on side that i heared strange noises turning good almost full circle then stuck and more force needed to rotate the hub....
When i tell to workshop worker about my concern he tell me that all fine with this brake  rotor :o
« Last post by JimSh on August 19, 2022, 07:02:36 PM »
Ah yes, preparation.

What have I missed :)
I would have thought the most important thing would have been to start off with a fully charged high voltage battery.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Service Costs
« Last post by Wilmo on August 19, 2022, 06:06:28 PM »
I had my Civic TypeR serviced by Honda up to this year.
As it is now 11 years old and will out of all warranties by the 12 year service I have bought the oil (ECP) and the filter (Tegiwa) and will be getting a reputable garage to do it.

BTW I work for ECP so get staff prices.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10