Author Topic: Teenage school kids react to Mk4 Jazz Crosstar - "That's one fugly car!!"  (Read 2097 times)

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Picked my daughter up from school yesterday. Just as I was turning into the road where the school entrance is, I gave way to two teenagers crossing.

Literally, one of them stopped in his tracks, pointed at the Jazz and shouted loudly "Wow, that's one fugly car, look at it!"

I had my window open slightly and replied "Thanks!!" before chuckling and passing in super creepy EV mode ;-)

Afterwards I told my daughter (similar age to the boys - namely 14) and she is now super worried about being seen in a VERY UNCOOL car!

Does anyone have a similar issue with family members or friends disliking the Mk4's looks?

Personally I love driving a car which (in Hungary at least) no one else has. I really haven't seen another Crosstar since it was launched!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 06:27:39 PM by Jayt43 »

sportse

• Approved Member
No-one I've spoken to, or family members like the looks of my Mk4  :(

Personally I think the Mk3 looks much better, they do seem to have spent too much time in the wind tunnel for the Mk4 instead of also considering looks.

The front grille on the Crosstar is more 'normal' than the one on my ordinary Jazz, but I call it a 'speed nose' if anyone asks!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
No personal experience. I date from the time when my 14 year old daughter, and most other  kids at the school, learned the real meaning of 'cool' by having to walk in sub zero temperatures.    ;) :P

There was a tv advert in the uk a while ago, for a VW I think, that targeted the 'cool car means cool dad'   market .
The teenage daughter was very embarrassed by their uncool car until dad bought a VW, whereupon  she became the envy of all her friends.   Until he attempted a' cool dad' High five farewell, and again became an embarrassment to her.

So he pressed a button, and became the cool executive being directed to his next appointment by the navigation system.    Some buyers are so shallow.  A chuckle is better.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
I've only had a few comments on the look of our Jazz Mk4.
The first was really funny. I always use a paid for hand carwash... Here in town there are a few. We found one that uses the "two bucket method" (with grid guard). They are not cheap, but it pays off! The first time with the still new but already dirty Jazz...:
When you drive in, there is always someone standing in front of the car to guide you. I get out and what do I hear the lady say with a big smile?

"At last! At the end of the day also a positive car! Like a big smiley with huge eyes!"

Looking at this I think she characterized it well.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 06:00:20 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
I had a neighbour knock my door and he said your bonnet is open.
It wasn't, that's the design I said.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
A relative used to go to school with Tom Jones' son and often got a lift with his dad, Tom in his Rolls Royce.  Tom's son used to insist he dropped the boys off round the corner as the Rolls wasn't a cool car to be seen in.  Sorry about the name dropping but an absolutely true story.

calgray

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
I had a neighbour knock my door and he said your bonnet is open.
It wasn't, that's the design I said.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.

Does anyone have a similar issue with family members or friends disliking the Mk4's looks?

Not a mk4 but our oldest daughter used to hide when in the mk1.  Our younger daughter liked it so much she bought a mk2!

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
Just proves how ignorant 14 year olds are :P.
I love the look of the Crosstar (with maturity comes wisdom) ;D
Not quite so keen on the 'ordinary' MkIV, but wouldn't call it ugly, let alone 'FUGLY'
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Wivenhoe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
I can’t look at the front of the car without remembering the review on CarWow. The reviewer likened the front to an elderly fat man gurning

sportse

• Approved Member
Teenage school kids react to Mk4 Jazz Crosstar - "That's one fugly car!!"
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 09:39:08 PM »
I’m reminded of emu the puppet for the front of the standard Mk4:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 09:40:51 PM by sportse »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Teenage school kids react to Mk4 Jazz Crosstar - "That's one fugly car!!"
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 05:29:18 AM »
I remember the comments when the jelly mould sierra came out but it didn't hinder popularity.
Let's be careful out there !

slowflow

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV EX
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2022, 08:06:31 AM »
Afterwards I told my daughter (similar age to the boys - namely 14) and she is now super worried about being seen in a VERY UNCOOL car!

Let your daughter go to school by foot or by bus for some weeks. I am sure she will finally love your car.

Jayt43

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2022, 09:07:56 AM »

Let your daughter go to school by foot or by bus for some weeks. I am sure she will finally love your car.

Yes, exactly! I can count on one hand the number of times I was taken to school by car during the 70s and 80s. Whatever the weather we walked and that was normal life. How times change!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2022, 09:17:04 AM »
I agree.

The number of kids taken to school in cars when they live fairly close is what causes most jams. School hols, no jams.

I walked a mile at least.

I sometimes was able to walk and meet mine and I did chuckle at the parking antics at chucking out time  ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 09:18:45 AM by Kremmen »
Let's be careful out there !

Tags:

anything