Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: MPG for those interested
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 11:05:15 AM »
So that's Which? and Whatcar that have the Jazz top of the small car sector.

:D
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: MPG for those interested
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 10:43:40 AM »
Just on mpg and referring to the latest "Which" review which had the Jazz as the best car in the small car category, it seems the Jazz averages better than the small car average which is 48.7 mpg. "Which" got 55.4 mpg average and this is from all driving scenarios.

Only the Yaris did better.

Keeping warm in the winter is the biggie but, even in this colder period and allowing for my short trip driving profile, I achieved just under 49 mpg.

Can't wait for the warmer weather!
Is the Crosstar pretending to be a SUV?. People trading in SUVs may think that.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: New South African variant.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 09:29:04 AM »
I notice that for the last few days the BBC news, when reporting daily  deaths 'within 28 days of a positive covid test' now specifically say  this includes deaths that were not actually due to covid. 

The current daily figures, typically 300 -400,sound a lot compared to summer figures, and dont sit well with proposals to relax restrictions.  But may need to be put into context  Death rates have always risen considerably in winter months.
AS Jocko pointed out earlier the only really reliable statistic is excess mortality

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/excesswintermortalityinenglandandwales/2020to2021provisionaland2019to2020final
Explanation of changes in presentation.
https://blog.ons.gov.uk/2022/01/12/understanding-excess-deaths-during-a-pandemic/

If you take the 'from covid' figure in ONS release,  there is no real excess mortality, it works out at about 8,500 people per year ( less than an average influenza year ).  Where it gets 'excess' is the 'with covid' figures, which is almost entirely made up of people over 65 with multile pre-existing serious health problems.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: New South African variant.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 09:24:26 AM »

The life expectancy figures the ONS use are based on lifetime expectancy. You confused the issue by introducing incremental life expectancies of healthy people based on age today.  The figures you posted that a 85 year old can expect another X number of years certainly apply to a healthy person, but not, as I pointed out an already very sick 85 year old.  Your figures have no relevance to the subject being discussed.
I think you have misunderstood the figures Bazzer was quoting.
The lifetime expectancy at birth is going to include people who die young.
If you survive child hood illnesses and car crashes in your young daft days etc. you can expect to live longer than the average life expectancy of a person at birth (which includes the ages of people now deceased)

You completely misunderstood my point,  what I was saying is that vast majority of people who have 'succumbed' 'with covid' so far have been over 85 with multiple ( 2 or more ) pre-existing serious health conditions.  Those figures Bazzer quoted were for 'healthy' people over of age 75, 85 etc.  No doctor in the  world is going to consider that an 85 year old with serious heart problems coupled with at least one other chronic condition like emphysema or diabetes ( or both ) is going to have 9 years of life remaining.  Right at the start of this panic-demic the WHO said that UK could expect bad death figures from Covid because the NHS was so good at keeping seriously ill older people alive, but those same seriously ill older people would be exactly the ones in the crosshairs of the virus.  That forecast has turned out to be true, because 75% of deaths been over 85 and a whopping 95% over 65, all with multiple pre-existing health issues. 
I agree.

The number of kids taken to school in cars when they live fairly close is what causes most jams. School hols, no jams.

I walked a mile at least.

I sometimes was able to walk and meet mine and I did chuckle at the parking antics at chucking out time  ;)
Afterwards I told my daughter (similar age to the boys - namely 14) and she is now super worried about being seen in a VERY UNCOOL car!

Let your daughter go to school by foot or by bus for some weeks. I am sure she will finally love your car.

Yes, exactly! I can count on one hand the number of times I was taken to school by car during the 70s and 80s. Whatever the weather we walked and that was normal life. How times change!
Afterwards I told my daughter (similar age to the boys - namely 14) and she is now super worried about being seen in a VERY UNCOOL car!

Let your daughter go to school by foot or by bus for some weeks. I am sure she will finally love your car.
I remember the comments when the jelly mould sierra came out but it didn't hinder popularity.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Width of rear seat of jazz 2004
« Last post by jonathan on January 21, 2022, 10:43:26 PM »
Thereís about 51 inches of room from inside door to inside door.

I have two Britax  romers and there is about 10 inches between them. As there fixed in location by the isofix mounts.
A very tight squeeze for an adult.

I understand some child seats are slimmer but still doesnít leave room for adult in middle.  Whenever we have to carry a 2nd adult we have one child in the front in a car seat when legally able to do so. Leaving one child and two adults in rear of car. An option maybe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10