Author Topic: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance  (Read 24428 times)

ninanina

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« on: April 28, 2024, 08:42:57 PM »
I’m considering a new Jazz Advance

Can anyone confirm that this comes with the following:

Blind spot monitoring
Auto fold door mirrors
Heated seats & steering wheel
Reversing camera
Keyless entry

Any help would be much appreciated

ahavoja

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Crosstar 2024
Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 09:12:10 PM »
My Crosstar comes with all of those features, except the Blind Spot Monitoring. But Jazz Advance should also have that one, an orange light that is shown on the side mirrors when a car is in your blind spot. So Advance should have all of those features.

The door mirrors fold in/out automatically whenever you lock or unlock the car. This can be also turned off in the settings, which I did in the winter when the mirrors were so frozen that they couldn't fold in or out by themselves.

Front seats have 3 heating settings, and it automatically lowers the setting from 3 to 2 after some time, and I think even to 1 if you wait long enough. Steering wheel heating is turned on from a button on the steering wheel and it turns itself off whenever you turn off the car, and you have to remember to turn it on again next time you drive, if you want to use it.

Reversing camera turns on whenever you put the gear selector to R, and that is the only way to turn it on, there is no other button for it. It has a quite wide viewing angle, which is nice when reversing out of a parking spot between other cars.

The keyless entry requires you to have the key somewhere near front doors, or near the rear hatch, for example in your pocket, and then you can lock and unlock the doors by touching a certain spot on the door handle, or a button on the rear hatch. This is nice as you don't need to take the key out of your pocket. I wish that it would also automatically lock the doors when you walk away from the car, but unfortunately Jazz doesn't do that, and you have to remember to touch the door handle to lock it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 09:26:10 PM by ahavoja »

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 09:48:16 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply ahavoja I really appreciate your detailed response

I’m just assuming that the standard Jazz Advance is the same as your Crosstar in all other respects apart from also having the blind spot monitoring

JB

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Sport Hybrid
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 10:05:12 PM »

Blind spot monitoring
Auto fold door mirrors
Reversing camera
Keyless entry

Yes it does.

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 10:12:49 PM »
That’s great thank you JB

Without trawling all the way through the forum is the Jazz generally reliable. I’m coming from owning Toyota cars over the last 15 years and they never let me down but there is currently nothing in the Toyota lineup I’m interested in

While I like the Yaris it’s too small inside

JB

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance Sport Hybrid
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 11:27:07 PM »

Without trawling all the way through the forum is the Jazz generally reliable. I’m coming from owning Toyota cars over the last 15 years and they never let me down but there is currently nothing in the Toyota lineup I’m interested in

I looked at the Yaris and preferred the four cylinder Jazz to the three cylinder Yaris plus a few other things I preferred, should be just as reliable as Toyota by all accounts and reviews.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 06:47:13 AM »
Previous posts on what feautures new cars have/have not have shown that some descrepancies between brocure lists and actual have occurred - the brochure has a disclaimer about this.

Ask the dealer before car ordered to guarantee this feature is on the car and this becomes part of your contract.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2024, 07:41:36 AM »

I have a friend who was in the same position. She had previous Yaris', and wanted to upgrade but didn't like the new Yaris because of how small the interior was. I offered her a drive in the Jazz, which she declined at the time. She decided to stay with Toyota though, and opted for the Yaris Cross. Now she doesn't drive it as much because she finds the exterior too big, and she wishes she had driven a Jazz prior since she has been in mine and realised how much space there is for what is still a small car.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2024, 09:54:03 AM »

Blind spot monitoring
Auto fold door mirrors
Reversing camera
Keyless entry

I've just taken delivery of an Advance Sport and it has all of the above, pretty sure none of them are exclusive to the Sport variant.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2024, 11:29:12 AM »
I assume the Advance is the new edition of my EX Style, as it has all the bells/whistles listed. Does the Advance have diamond cut alloys and rear spoiler?

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2024, 03:00:30 PM »
I assume the Advance is the new edition of my EX Style, as it has all the bells/whistles listed. Does the Advance have diamond cut alloys and rear spoiler?
I think the Advance Sport (with diamond-cut alloys and rear spoiler) is the closest to the Style in the new range although there are a few differences. The Advance is the equivalent of the old EX.

ninanina

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2024, 03:35:43 PM »
I’ve just been to my local Honda dealer and they are not getting any of the Advance models in until mid June

I did take a look at an EX which they had used and I can’t believe the amount of space there is inside, particularly sitting in the back seat. It’s like a tardis!

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2024, 06:01:22 PM »
I’ve just been to my local Honda dealer and they are not getting any of the Advance models in until mid June

I did take a look at an EX which they had used and I can’t believe the amount of space there is inside, particularly sitting in the back seat. It’s like a tardis!
I found my car on Autotrader, the nearest dealer with what I wanted was 100 miles away but the whole process was fairly straightforward. If the car is under warranty it doesn't really matter which dealer you buy from, there are plenty of new and nearly new Advance models on that site.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2024, 09:30:40 PM »
Whatever you do,  read the brake failure thread before committing to buy a Honda.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2024, 09:36:12 PM »
Whatever you do,  read the brake failure thread before committing to buy a Honda.
From what I've seen it's unlikely to affect a late 2023 or 2024 car

Tags: