Author Topic: electric windows not opening  (Read 9185 times)

guest5077

electric windows not opening
« on: December 01, 2015, 07:59:26 AM »
Hi anybody ever had any trouble with the electric wi ndows not opening on the passenger side and rear windows ,the drivers side works fine just the others gave stopped working thanks in advance

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: electric windows not opening
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 08:15:03 AM »
theres a switch on the drivers side which stops the others working, check to see if its been pressed

jazzygirl

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 03:35:42 PM »
Yes a child protection feature.  It was there in my last car but it took me 4 years to find out about it!   ::)  I also have managed to accidentally open the rear windows by resting hand on those switches beside me!

guest5077

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 08:17:37 PM »
thanks for that ive tried pressing that switch i think its next to the petrol flap switch still doesnt seem to be working though

guest5077

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 08:27:12 PM »
sorted didnt realise the petrol flap opener also immobolises the windows opening all ok now thanks

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 08:33:28 PM »
button on front of drivers armrest shows a car window shaped symbol with an 'X' through it - press it once and it locks down,  press it again and it pops up a bit.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't the button as when it is locked down it disables both the rear and passenger side windows but drivers window will still operate just as you describe .
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything