Author Topic: Servicing Your Honda Jazz at Independent Garages  (Read 41764 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Servicing Your Honda Jazz at Independent Garages
« on: November 01, 2009, 03:19:39 PM »
Remember you can now service your Jazz outside the Honda dealer network without invalidating the warranty providing genuine Honda parts and the correct procedures are used by the garage or individual.

The catch is that dealers may use the lack of Honda service history as an excuse for a lower trade-in value when selling your car. Also, Honda dealers are kept up to date about service bulletins and should carry these out when affected cars come in for regular servicing.

You pays your money, etc. ;)

Warranty work and recalls still have to be undertaken at a Honda dealer.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 07:06:57 PM by RichardA »

guest765

Re: Servicing Your Honda Jazz at Independent Garages
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 05:23:40 AM »
Re dealers changing names.......Arnold Clark Honda in Stockport.........is this now Swansway Honda in Stockport ? :o

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 09:32:46 PM »
i think arnold clark lost the franchise and is now replaced

guest3090

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 09:26:55 PM »
i think arnold clark lost the franchise and is now replaced

Your quite right Arnold Clark lost all the Honda franchise. I used to work at Manchester Honda and was there when it went from Ryland to Arnold Clark and now to Swansway.

guest4631

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 06:01:30 AM »
I would certainly consider using a good independent outside of the warranty period. I did this for a Civic I owned for 9 years ,without any problems whatsoever. The only exception I would make is if I had a problem that required diagnostic equipment. Finding skilled independents is tricky these days. For decades I was spoilt by a family buisness, run from a converted blacksmiths and they would even make parts on a lathe that were no longer produced. Those were the days.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 11:10:50 AM »
There are a number of queries about throttle position sensors on Toyota forums, These fail  occasionally on older cars and give rise to generic fault codes. Independents cannot diagnose the fault. You need Toyota specific fault finding guides which include testing voltage and signal levels - many independents do not have the technical bulletins nor the electronic expertise to do that - so back it goes to a Toyota dealer. £500 bills for diagnostics and new pedal assembly.

My wife runs an elderly diesel Yaris and I diy - since 2006 - I also was thinking of buying a s/h RAV4 and was doing my homework...

(Fortunately I studied electronics and have some basic tools and Yaris technical brochures - which I downloaded and paid for!)

(Think what electronics are like on a Renault  - the dealers were at one time unable to fault find - there were so many!)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 11:12:32 AM by madasafish »

guest4512

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »
Easy to get a cheap scanner from Amazon/eBay these days to diagnose/clear faults.

Dealers are getting more competitive these days, as the public are more educated, and will haggle servicing prices.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 12:55:15 AM »
Main dealer price quite competitive. My local Honda dealer does £160 and 260 for minor and major service respectively, both including MOT.

What I do it's do the £160 service at Honda, so the car is updated. The 2nd major service I do at my independent garage and alter every year. Usually, the brake pads, brake fluid and filters are done at the independent. That way I am getting the best of both worlds and not paying too much!

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 10:57:26 PM »
....so the car is updated.

Updated in what way? 

123Drive!

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 12:02:46 AM »
Well Rory, if Honda update some software for the car, when they plug it into the computer, it will automatically do so-that's what I have been told. But my independent garage can't do this, for example.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:44:39 AM by 123Drive! »

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 10:51:56 AM »
I had two services done at a non-Honda garage. The second service included a CVT fluid change, however the garage couldn't reset the CVT fluid change interval, so the CVTF light was still showing, so I had to go back to Honda, tail between my legs, and ask them to reset it . . . awkward !

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 11:55:12 AM »
Well Richard, if Honda update some software for the car, when they plug it into the computer, it will automatically do so-that's what I have been told. But my independent garage can't do this, for example.

A lot of people think their cars get updated every time they go in but the reality is that unless you complain about an issue with the car and the guided fix from Honda says 'update the software' then it doesn't get routinely done.  It's time consuming to update software and dealers hate doing it.

Rory

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 12:02:19 PM »
I had two services done at a non-Honda garage. The second service included a CVT fluid change, however the garage couldn't reset the CVT fluid change interval, so the CVTF light was still showing, so I had to go back to Honda, tail between my legs, and ask them to reset it . . . awkward !

Did you see how they reset it?  I reset the normal service indicator in ours when the variable servicing started going mad, and I'm sure it's just another step for the CVT.   

ETA: There's a YouTube video, although this one is pretty recent: 

pez

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: first generation 1.4 cvt7
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2019, 02:24:24 PM »
Does anyone know of a good independent that can look after my mk1? I am new to honda and jazz. I live in Lewisham, London. Many thanks....

123Drive!

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2019, 11:35:12 PM »
I just had it serviced at Autofix, NW9 £190 120 mths / 125k miles service which included Droplink and Rear Wiper. Sorry it's a bit far. Ask your neighbor and friends plus look at the Google reviews before committing.

Tags:

anything