Author Topic: Alarm going off ramdomally  (Read 12495 times)

Rick13

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4
Re: Alarm going off ramdomally
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 09:47:35 PM »
I have a jazz 2012 and just experienced exactly the same issue as Lianne including a dashboard open rear boot message - in my case when I activate the rear wiper blade. Ones anyone know how this was finally resolved in Lianne’s case?

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 10:57:35 PM »
I have a jazz 2012 and just experienced exactly the same issue as Lianne including a dashboard open rear boot message - in my case when I activate the rear wiper blade. Ones anyone know how this was finally resolved in Lianne’s case?

Corrosion in the wiring from water ingress, according to her last post.

Thank you for your awnsers. So my other half stripped the bsck of my boot and water has got into the electrics somehow and cordded. So that seems to the issue just hope it can get fixed

Jazz Hands

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 Si
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 01:44:29 PM »

ditto, happy birthday to me  >:(

will have to do something quick as the rear boot light wont go off when all closed atm,

the wife has a tendency to use the car as a dump truck so rear shelf is not fitted, so be aware you may not notice the light is on if your rear shelf is fitted

volvojack

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 2012
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2021, 03:43:29 PM »
My jazz 2012 alarm started to go off randomly over a couple of weeks so took to Honda garage. They quoted £75 charge for running diagnostics. "checked the tailgate loom going into car, found water/moisture in plug. dried, cleaned and lubricated".
No further charges and no problem since.

Tags:

anything