Author Topic: Honda Warns of Faulty Civic Handbrakes  (Read 3846 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Honda Warns of Faulty Civic Handbrakes
« on: March 25, 2008, 07:26:52 PM »
Honda have written to owners of the 2006/2007 Swindon-built Civic model to warn of problems with the handbrake.

63,000 owners have been sent letters advising them to visit their Honda dealer and have a new handbrake installed. The move comes after owners complained about the handbrake not sticking when operated using the release button on the lever.

On my 2006 Civic which I owned until last summer, I found that the handbrake lever would often drop straight down if the release button was pressed when applying the handbrake.

A Honda spokesman said, "We will be sending out letters to our customers in March and April recommending that they visit their local Honda dealer to get an improved handbrake fitted."

Handbrakes appear to be a weak area on Hondas. Judging by our forums, Jazz owners are all too familiar with the handbrakes on their cars, which often require a hefty pull to engage when the car is facing downwards on a slope. There have even been reports of Jazz's rolling down hills with the handbrake on.

News Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7312427.stm
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 03:29:02 PM by RichardA »

guest238

Re: [BLOG]: Honda Warns of Faulty Civic Handbrakes
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 08:31:05 PM »
I mentioned this to the dealer after having one [1.4 SE] as a loan car for the day.....he said they all do that. I can't understand how this was allowed to slip through?

guest436

Re: [BLOG]: Honda Warns of Faulty Civic Handbrakes
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 10:07:10 PM »
I agree, I told my dealer about this problem back in Mar 06 and after investigating, I was told to keep an eye on it and let em know if it gets worse. The dealers to their credit have been excellent, but Honda have rushed this car on to the market with problems which should been ironed out beforehand. At least the new Jazz's been on sale for a year by the time it arrives on sale in the UK later this year, so all the bugs should be fixed on that model.

Tags: